Law Offices of Darrin T. Mish, P.A.
CPA or EA
The Law Offices of Darrin T. Mish, P.A. is currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Tax Preparer/CPA to join our dynamic team here in sunny Tampa, FL. We’re passionate about helping our clients to get taxpayers get back into filing compliance so their tax problems can be resolved. With over 20 years of experience, Attorney Darrin Mish is a leader in the industry with a thriving tax problem resolution practice that’s looking to expand.
As our in-house tax preparer, you’ll communicate with our clients to efficiently and accurately prepare any of their necessary tax returns using Drake Software. This is an in-person position because collaboration and understanding of the ultimate resolution strategy is necessary for the return filing plan. We’d love to have you become a part of our team and help taxpayers get help where they thought none was available.
- Accurately prepare and file tax returns for individuals, partnerships, and corporations, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations.
- Effectively communicate with clients to gather necessary information, address inquiries, and ensure the accuracy of tax returns.
- Precisely communicate facts to the team to contribute to a best outcome for resolution.
- Willingness to learn the office culture and embrace processes that may be new to you.
- Efficiently utilize Drake Tax Software, Canopy Tax, Sharefile, and Microsoft Outlook to manage client information. You do not need to already know Canopy, we’ll teach you!
- Maintain high professional standards, strong attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work independently while demonstrating the ability to collaborate within our team.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in tax return preparation.
- Skilled in preparing 1040, 1120-S, 1120, 1065 tax returns.
- Proficiency in the use of Drake Tax Software.
- Ability to take constructive feedback and improve.
- Excellent command of the English language in written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly independent with strong attention to detail and a focus on accuracy.
- Capable and willing to collaborate to execute file strategy.
- High professional standards, with an emphasis on maintaining confidentiality.
- Adaptability to new software systems.
- Outstanding computer and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- CPA or Enrolled Agent certification is strongly preferred.
$20 - $35 hourly
About Law Offices of Darrin T. Mish, P.A.
Due to the current difficult economic times, individuals and businesses can easily get behind in filing their annual tax returns, payroll tax returns, and/or simply fail to pay their taxes in a timely manner. Taxes can be complicated for clients, especially back taxes. Without proper representation and strategy, these clients can lose their businesses and their life savings to an ever-increasingly aggressive Internal Revenue Service. We work to help them get a fresh, clean start and back into compliance.