Law Office of Cynthia Hall, PLLC
EXPERIENCED TAX PREPARER
Are you a professional tax return preparer looking for work in an environment that will allow you opportunities for professional and intellectual growth, is collaborative, and focused on a desire to provide excellent client service? Do you enjoy working with a team that enjoys their work and each other and where you would have a voice and be appreciated?
We are a dynamic, fast-growing, enterprising law firm seeking to engage an experienced tax preparer to prepare returns, assist with client engagements and operations of our tax practice, and to help shape the future of our firm.
Our business plan projects significant growth over the next several years, with plans to expand our services. We want to hire an “A+” team member who is dependable, detail-oriented, achievement-oriented, and able to work collaboratively as well as independently.
Compensation will include paid holidays, medical insurance (if needed), paid time off, and eligibility for bonuses.
Our ideal candidate will be a seasoned tax professional with experience:
- Preparing federal and state individual, corporate, partnership, trust, and estate tax returns (covering a wide range of industries for business entity returns)
- Assisting with tracking client engagements
- Communicating with clients by telephone and email
- Researching tax issues
- Preparing tax projections
- Preparing written analysis (with guidance)
- Is comfortable with and enjoys client contact
- Welcomes and is open to feedback on performance
- Carries a professional demeanor with clients and co-workers
- Exhibits good written and interpersonal communication skills
- Is organized and attentive to detail
- Has a willingness to learn about and gain experience with areas of tax law not previously familiar with
- Has a willingness to learn about and accept changes in technology
- Takes pride in providing exceptional service
- Enjoys working collaboratively and brings a positive attitude to the office
- Is dependable, accountable, and reliable
- Enjoys and welcomes challenges
- Is able to manage the “urgency” that can arise with this kind of work
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience preparing tax returns - experience at a public accounting firm as a “Tax Associate” or “Senior Tax Associate” preferred
- CPA License or Enrolled Agent Certification preferred
- Willingness to work a 50-hour workweek during “tax seasons”
- Experience with tax preparation and projection software (experience with UltraTax CS a plus)
- Experience with research software
- Experience with gathering records from QuickBooks files
$25 - $28 hourly
About Law Office of Cynthia Hall, PLLC
Our main office is in Bainbridge Island, Washington, and we have satellite offices in Seattle and Bellevue. We have a reputation for caring for our clients and providing top-notch professional services. The firm owner is recognized in Bainbridge Island as the top or one of the top three CPAs in the community every year by a vote of its residents.