We are looking for a tax and accounting expert to manage and facilitate the accurate preparation and filing of our client's state and federal tax forms. The ideal candidate is a team player who manages the tax team to greater performance, creates and implements tax plans and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk.
The Tax Manager will ensure compliance with state federal and international tax law through a series of systems and system controls that are designed to ensure accurate, timely reporting. They will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies. The ideal candidate is single-minded in their pursuit of ensuring compliance and achieves this goal through optimizing reporting procedures and driving the successful function of the tax team.
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review of company federal tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state, and local income tax returns and other business-related filings.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
- Manage members of the tax team as they prepare components of the company's US federal income tax return and other tax documents.
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with tax team.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Manage and facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team, and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax-related projects.
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Manage and mentor members of the tax team to greater levels of effectiveness and engagement.
- Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team members.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a tax manager or public accountant role and at least 2 years of experience in a business consultant role. Preferred candidates have a current CPA license. The Tax Manager must be proficient with the following software/tools:
- Strong skills and experience with Word, Outlook, Excel, QuickBooks.
- Familiarity with UltraTax, SAP, RIA Checkpoint, and BNA
$80,000 - $100,000 base salary + bonuses
About BEC CFO
BEC CFO provides CFO and High Income Tax services to select entrepreneurs and real estate investors. Our process is to create a financial rhythm in their business so that they have the necessary information to make good decisions in scaling their business.
Due to our hands-on process and limited capacity, we only work with a small number of select entrepreneurs.