Holden Moss CPAs
We are looking for a tax professional to help our clients prepare and file their taxes, and formulate and execute on a tax strategy. You’ll provide guidance on how businesses can minimize their tax liability now and how they can optimize their tax payment for the long term. Our ideal candidate is someone who can help clients easily navigate the complex world of taxes and enjoys helping people. Sound like a job you’ll love? Apply today!
- Examine every client’s financial records, such as their income statements and previous tax returns, to calculate their total amount of taxable income
- Handle tax filings in an organized, secure manner to ensure each client’s privacy is protected
- Use all eligible tax benefits for the client
- Check each tax form for accuracy and tax compliance
- Advise the client on tax planning steps they can take to ensure they fulfill all tax obligations and continue to pay the minimum amount of taxes in the future
- Supervise, assign work, and train team of tax professionals
- Solid 1040, 1120S, and 1065 experience
- Represent clients in audits before US, state, and local jurisdictions for income and SALT
- 5+ years of work experience in tax consulting at an accounting firm or consulting firm
- Can use standard tax software to make the filing process efficient
- Obtained a current Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) from the IRS
- Understands state and federal tax laws and can quickly interpret sections of the tax code for basic and atypical tax forms
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- CPA or Enrolled Agent (current)
- 10+ years of experience in tax in public accounting
- Multi-state tax experience including nexus determinations
- CCH Axcess Tax experience is a plus
- Research library includes: BNA, CCH, RIA, IQ
About Holden Moss CPAs
We are a boutique tax and business coaching firm, working with small to medium-sized businesses and their owners.
We believe our unique and valuable position combines tax with high value coaching for the best possible outcomes for our clients. By focusing on providing our clients with valuable ideas, rhythmic communication, and eliminating surprises, our competitive position in the marketplace is a powerful answer to our clients' needs!
And our work is incredibly rewarding. Businesses are the backbones of our growing communities.
Work-life balance is a must. Closed Friday afternoons after 4/15. Generous annual leave. Great team.
Core values that you should also consider important: collaborative; creative and innovative; continuous learning; great listener; great relationships; and stewardship.