Opportunity: Accountant, Sales, and Use Tax
Complete, file and ensure timely, accurate, and appropriate payments are made in relation to the sales, use, and occupancy taxes for the managed properties and HHMLP.
Potential Career Path
Sales Tax Supervisor - Sales Tax Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Create Excel spreadsheets and work papers to support sales/use tax returns.
- Prepare and file monthly state, county, and local sales/use tax returns.
- Interact with tax officials to resolve notices and/or requests for information.
- Coordinate payments for sales, use, and occupancy taxes that are due.
- Prepare exemption certificates to avoid paying sales, use, and occupancy taxes in certain situations.
- Gather information needed for tax audits.
- Analyze sales, use and occupancy tax accounts with Accounting associates and hotel staff to ensure they are in compliance per state and local regulations and record journal entries when necessary.
- Interact with other Accounting associates to resolve tax issues that arise.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Train hotel and corporate accountants on Profitsword (accounting middleware) tax reconciliation module.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BA) in Accounting, Finance, or Business required.
- 2 years of experience in tax accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior hotel experience preferred.
HHM is an award-winning hotel management and investment company that operates over 200 full-service and select-service hotels with 10,000 associates in markets across the country. HHM is a leading manager of Marriott, Hilton, IHG, and Hyatt brands, and also operates over 30 independent luxury and lifestyle hotels. The highly experienced and stable operating team is known for being nimble, accountable, and passionate in how they drive market-leading results for owners and best-in-class experiences for associates and guests.