Sable Systems International
The Systems Test Technician is a member of the Product Development Engineering Team and is responsible for performing functional and software quality assurance testing of Sable Systems Metabolic Measurement Instruments, as well as assisting Electrical, Firmware and Software Engineers with test setup and documentation.
Compensation depends on experience.
You must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 to work for Sable Systems International
Health, Dental, Life Insurance, 401k, Long Term Disability, and other great benefits
No Phone Calls, Please.
Must be Authorized to Work in the US.
- Execution of functional and Software Quality Assurance (SQA) testing of Sable Systems Metabolic Measurement Instruments.
- Documentation of results and tracking of units under test (UUTs) using internally developed practices and procedures.
- Help design functional and software verification/validation test plans for all SSI developed/created products prior to releasing the product design to manufacturing.
- Assist in determining methods or actions to reproduce and resolve any issues or bugs in new SSI developed product designs as well as existing SSI product designs.
- Participate in periodic design review meetings to ensure compliance with established SSI procedures and SSI product requirements.
- Support test facility and equipment maintenance and management.
- Manage inventory, schedule use, and configure instruments to perform testing.
- Manage inventory, schedule use, and configure tools required to test instruments, i.e., gas tanks, oscilloscopes, multimeters, temperature/environmental chambers, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience with execution of Software Quality Assurance (SQA) testing of electromechanical devices.
- Experience with execution of functional testing of electromechanical devices.
- Experience documenting test procedures and results.
- Experience with test facility and equipment maintenance and management.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel software.
- Able to Interpret Test Data and Specifications
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, electrical schematics and procedures.
- Proactively takes ownership of task execution and work with minimal supervision.
- Able to quickly adjust to shifting priorities, perform and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively interact across multiple levels in the organization.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a large cross-functional team.
- Knowledge of software version control systems.
- Experience with component level troubleshooting of analog circuits.
- Proficient in soldering, wiring, and fixture setup.
- Proficient in use and operation of electronic lab tools/equipment such as oscilloscopes, power meters, frequency counters, multimeters, temperature/environmental chambers, and spectrum analyzers.
- Experience with Engineering Change Order (ECO) processes, drafting practices and retrieval of documentation.
- Experience providing task guidance and oversight to other Electrical Lab technicians or personnel.
- Experience with use of Data Acquisition Equipment, i.e., National Instruments Lab View.
- Experience with RS-232 serial communication between software and hardware devices.
- Experience with dev ops tools that include pull requests, build pipelines, and release pipelines.
- Associates Degree in Electric/Electronics Field.
- Two years of experience as an electronics technician.
- BS degree in electrical engineering or computer science.
- More than two years of experience as an electronics technician.
About Sable Systems International
Trusted as the world leader in metabolic measurement, Sable Systems International has a 30+ year reputation for innovation, expertise, and scientific insight. We design and manufacture multi-platform high-resolution scientific instrumentation for the Life Sciences. Our applications range from Fly to Mouse to Human – and beyond.
Our best-selling products include multi-channel metabolic measurement systems for experimental animals such as mice and rats, with simultaneous measurement of other parameters such as food and water intake, body mass, position, activity, and environmental monitoring. Whether providing solutions for the measurement of a living process or an industrial one, model animals, or human personalized healthcare research, our unrelenting focus on quality and support is key to our success.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.