Five Star Technology Solutions
The primary focus of this position is to develop, adopt, implement, and support techniques and technologies to streamline data processes and data management for Sunman-Dearborn Community School Corporation. This position also will provide onsite technical support for end-users including students, teachers, support staff, and school administrators for Sunman-Dearborn Community School Corporation.
Application Management - Priority #1
- Maintain current applications servers, including support contracts and installing upgrades/patches. i.e. Time Clock, Door Access Control, Video Surveillance, Transportation, etc.
- Coordinate and oversee the connection and integration of data systems. Develop solutions that pass data among systems.
- Collaboration with Data Coordinator and vendors for imports/exports from SIS to programs.
- Coordinate with Five Star staff and district staff to ensure there is a streamlined process for account creation, account management, and application distribution.
- Create and maintain database systems to better manage and organize current information and processes.
- Develop and enforce processes and procedures that ensure data integrity.
- Communicate and collaborate with various hardware and software vendors.
- Work in conjunction with the Data Coordinator on project management assignments and/or tasks.
Technical Support - Priority #2
- Provide technical support for the school by responding to issues submitted by the school staff and/or students
- Perform computer imaging, software installations, and maintain/repair technology inventory.
- Troubleshoot and repair various devices and peripheral equipment including, but not limited to, iPads, Chromebooks, Windows laptops, Windows Desktop PCs, interactive whiteboards, etc.
- Help maintain and implement the overall technology vision for the school.
- Escalate problems to higher-level technical support professionals when necessary.
- Collaborate and communicate with higher-level technical support until problems are fully resolved.
- Be exceedingly flexible with scheduling and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Communicate with school personnel and other colleagues regarding the status of tickets, projects, and other important technology updates.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Technology
- 1-3 years of technical experience in a technical support position. K-12 education experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Data Analysis or other Computer Science fields preferred.
- Experience in planning, implementing, and managing the functional use of large-scale data systems preferably within an educational environment.
- Experience with student information management systems software preferred.
- Experience with principles, practices, and techniques of systems analysis, systems design, and programming analysis and coding preferred.
- Work both effectively with others in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Ability to lift and move computers and other potentially heavy technology hardware.
- Possess reliable transportation to travel between schools.
- Ability to problem-solve, learn quickly, display analytical thinking, and model persistence in issue resolution.
- Experience with Internet and intranet technologies and applications
About Five Star Technology Solutions
At Five Star, we believe technology can transform education to meet the needs of today’s K-12 learners. Our K-12 focused team understands the pressures teachers and schools face and believe the “one size fits all” approach dominating the education market is failing teachers and students. That is why we developed a unique suite of educator-requested, educator-developed technology solutions to help students and schools succeed, including managed services and professional development.