The Systems Developer will be part of the Business Solutions Team which is responsible for maintaining security and monitoring the Companys IT Infrastructure, Loan Origination System, reporting, and supporting for various .NET applications. The Systems Developer will play an integral role in our overall technical strategy to migrate eligible solutions into automated processes by leveraging C#, VB, VB.NET, PowerShell, and Web API's. This individual will be self-motivated and driven to consistently deliver outstanding end-to-end support and will have demonstrated experience with troubleshooting production problems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Assist with public cloud automation to support initiatives around cloud migrations and end-to-end IT Service delivery.
- Utilize modern development platforms and languages to develop custom solutions.
- Examine applications and implement proactive monitoring and redundancy at all tiers.
- Configure Windows/AWS servers as needed, troubleshoot issues, and recommend system enhancements.
- Propose and document system designs that meet or exceed current business requirements.
- Review and guide application designs to meet performance, scalability, and reusability requirements.
- Work with other members of Business Solutions Team to develop and execute system processes.
- Work with other members of Business Solutions Team and Training Department to explain benefits of design proposals.
- Collaborate with other members of Business Solutions Team and operations teams to create synergy leading to successful application delivery.
- Contribute to technical process improvements across a variety of disciplines such as training, Change Management, and modern development practices.
- Troubleshoot and resolve deployment/configuration/setup issues and work with appropriate teams to correct any issues.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of 2 years job experience.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relative field preferred.
- Strong understanding of development concepts and experience deploying/migrating to cloud environments (Azure, AWS).
- Strong understanding of .Net Frameworks and associated runtime environments.
- Strong PowerShell scripting skills.
- Strong understanding of web servers and the web application hosting runtime.
- Strong conceptualization, problem-solving, and analytical skills at a system design level.
- Understanding of Configuration Items and logical data modeling.
- Understanding and use Visual Studio 2017 for source control and associated build/release pipelines.
- Understanding of infrastructure as code and practical application to virtualized infrastructure (logical compute, storage and network).
- Understanding of infrastructure concepts related to Hosting, Networks, IP Address Management, Firewalls, Certificates, Load Balancing and Reverse Proxy.
- Familiarity with Active Directory, Azure AD, DFS, SSO, Windows Authentication, SAML, OAuth.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Deep understanding and familiarity with Azure and AWS technology stacks.
- Deep understanding of .Net Framework.
- Knowledge of build automation, release management, and system testing best practices.
- Working knowledge of scripting language to support automation tasks.
- Knowledge of best practices in an always-up, always-available service offering.
- Highly motivated, ambitious, and driven to succeed.
- Must be trustworthy, honest, and able to continuously display a high level of integrity.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Able to understand and respond appropriately to basic inquires.
- Able to read, write, and communicate using the English language sufficient to perform job functions.
- Ability to use Company equipment in assigned area (including but not limited to telephone, copiers, fax machines, computers, internet, etc.).
- Able to access, input, retrieve, and interpret information using applicable computer systems (including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, industry-specific computer software, etc.).
- Able to multi-task (e.g., simultaneous usage of several applications, etc.).
- Well-versed with keyboard shortcuts and able to identity new ways to complete a task in less time.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works well under general supervision.
- Able to handle deadlines and working within banking guidelines.
- Compliance with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws, and Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) requirements is required. Employee must complete annual training in these areas.
This job operates in a clerical office setting; climate-controlled surroundings with adequate lighting and little or moderate noise when in the office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and photocopying is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- This position performs additional duties as assigned, given adequate guidance and resources. This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee to perform this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About ALCOVA Mortgage
Most companies start with a business plan. ALCOVA Mortgage started with a friendship. Bound by common background and inspired by a passion to serve, childhood friends Bobby Nicely, Billy Siple and Rob Lindstrom dreamed of one day starting a business.
In 2003, the trio joined together to establish a mortgage company—ALCOVA—an acronym for Alleghany County, VA, in honor of their roots.
In 2012, ALCOVA Mortgage made its debut on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States and has been recognized every year since. The company’s phenomenal growth of 96% in three years propelled it into the league of such legendary businesses that gained notoriety on the prestigious list as Dell, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Pandora, Timberland, Zillow, Yelp, and Domino’s Pizza.
Today, ALCOVA continues to thrive, largely because of its roots in a friendship and the passion to serve.