System and Database Administrators to configure, install, and manage centralized server hardware and software resources, support workstations used by staff, and provide dedicated support to specific projects or systems.
- Support cybersecurity and risk management extending across the enterprise including system, network, and database administrators as well as application developers.
- Resolve application software, firmware, and hardware vulnerabilities uncovered by regular security scanning. Create and maintain security documentation such as ATO (Authority To Operate) and SSP (System Security Plan). Track and manage current known vulnerabilities using Tenable Security Center, 2 Provide Linux, Windows, and Mac OS system maintenance, operations, and administration; installation of new operating systems and database and application servers, patches, bug-fixes, configuration management using Puppet, use of shell, Perl, and Python, scripting to automate system administration tasks. Administer local subversion and git repositories for project source code, system configuration, software, and documentation revision control.
- Provide Active Directory administration. Support the Windows Active Directory model, including the logical and trust relationships of forests, trees, sites, and domains and use of group policy and related automated tools to manage domains, organizational units, users, and systems.
- Support a full disaster recovery plan, for the Domain Controllers and core Directory objects.
- Active Directory policy monitoring and security compliance.
- Plan and manage all migrations and upgrades related to the Active Directory and Domain Controllers.
- Provide data center installations of mass storage and network devices. Administer and monitor Cisco and Arista switches and routers; troubleshoot ethernet, IPv4, IPv6, LANs, and Fiber Channel fabrics. Monitor and troubleshoot networks using NetFlow, SolarWinds, Nagios, and Splunk.
- Support rack and cable computer systems, PDUs, and console servers. Replace failed hardware including motherboards, CPUs, disk drives, and power supplies. Provide administration of end-user desktops and laptops in a networked environment; creation and validation of systems compliant with the U.S. Government Configuration Baseline.
- Provide storage systems administration and support; including installation, configuration, patching, software updates, and troubleshooting for Panasas High Performance Computing (HPC) storage, NetApp SAN and NAS NFS/CIFS storage, and object storage supporting S3 and HDFS. Administration of multi-petabyte hierarchical archive storage systems using HPE DMF software, automated tape libraries, and RedHat Linux high availability clusters. Manage storage end-of-life hardware replacement and associated data migrations. Management of large nightly backup systems using Commvault software, tape libraries, and deduplicated disk storage systems.
- Maintain data protection services including daily backups, data archiving, and data mirroring to DR sites in cloud service providers and remote data center locations.
- Provide active production services monitoring and incident response.
- Provide server and other hardware configuration and maintenance primarily on Linux and Windows x86 platforms, experience in enterprise-size environments (>1,000 servers), and use of tools such as Nagios, InfluxDB, Grafana, Ganglia, Solar Winds, Confluence, and JIRA. Experience in administering remote management hardware and software, specifically Avocent DSView consoles.
- Participate with developers in systems design and coordination and implementation of Open Source Software such as Apache server services, nginx, Tomcat, PHP, and NoSQL (solr, mongoDB, Cassandra).
- Provide customer service to internal and external staff. Solve issues in a highly technical environment, excellent communication skills. Maintenance of user accounts, setting disk quotas, performance monitoring, and tracking of problem reports through JIRA or equivalent ticketing systems. Maintain and support staff computing systems and scientific software applications.
- Administer and support distributed computing systems using batch queuing software, specifically Univa Grid Engine, and open-source map/reduce frameworks like Hadoop and Spark. Maintain and administer Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) clusters running TeamCity.
- Support cloud development and cloud computing in support of production web services, high-performance computing, and high-throughput processing environments; including administration of Commercial Cloud accounts through Identity and Access Management.
- (IAM) and monitoring the effectiveness of the usage of cloud resources.
- Support computer security practices, including implementation of Government cybersecurity policies, firewalls, intrusion detection, designing secure computing environments, and disaster recovery. Provide security administrators specialized in identifying Windows and Linux security vulnerabilities.
- Conduct, on an ongoing basis, vulnerability assessments and threat identification.Present results of vulnerability assessments to users and staff and confirm resolution within prescribed time limits.
- Support identity management and assurance methodologies. Assist staff with Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card and certificate issues. Troubleshoot staff remote access.
- System Administration and Management Support for Biomedical and Bibliographic Information Resources and telework connectivity, and authentication issues.
- Support the DevOps team and practices and incorporate Agile methodologies throughout the support framework.
- Support the development and maintenance of biological databases.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in administering IT systems
- Proven track record of successful system deployments
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems
- US Work Authorization
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Able to troubleshoot complex technical problems
- Detail-oriented with an ability to identify and resolve exceptional issues
- Experience with automation tools and scripting languages
- Proficiency with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, and KVM
- Knowledge of database systems such as MySQL, MS SQL, and Oracle
- Familiarity with web server technologies such as Apache and IIS
- Experience managing cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform
ANGARAI - Project Management consulting firm based out of College Park, MD.
ANGARAI is a professional management consulting firm that is driven by excellence. We provide ample opportunities for growth in a challenging, yet closely-knit atmosphere. Our key focus is on providing holistic solutions that are a win-win for both the Client (State, Federal, or Private) and us.