SUMMARY: This position is responsible for backing up and performing all duties required of Purchasing and Supply Specialist and / or Mail Currier when said employee(s) is / are out of the office. The Support Services Tech is also responsible for light maintenance duties and housekeeping duties.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Respond to internal customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and other problems.
- Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications.
- Prepare, maintain and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Compare prices, specifications and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Track the status of requisitions and orders.
- Calculate costs of orders and forward invoices to appropriate accounts / departments.
Process supply requisitions from departments:
- Match requisitions to inventory stock.
- Provide pricing and availability.
- Communicate effectively on status of all requisitions/items.
- Secure signature for proof of package delivery.
- Retain copies of all request and delivery receipts.
Maintain supply inventory:
- Preserve PAR levels for all stocked items.
- Receive, unpack, inspect and verify quality and quantity of supplies against purchase orders.
- Properly distribute all items into appropriate bins, shelves.
- Certify packing slips to purchase orders.
Receives and distributes incoming packages, letters, etc:
- Ensure Pinehurst Surgical Clinic is proper addressee.
- Validate package record prior to accepting and signing with UPS, Fed Ex and other carrier representatives.
- Make certain that all packages are not damaged and if so positively identify to carrier.
- Ensure delivery within reasonable timeframe.
Maintains storage areas in a neat and orderly manner.
Abide by all security procedures for area and supply inventory.
Serve as back up for maintenance technician and housekeeping staff:
- Assist with maintenance technician duties as needed.
- Identify potential maintenance concerns through normal business flow throughout the facility.
- Assist housekeeping specialist as needed with housekeeping duties.
Serve as back up for Mail Currier:
- Sort and distribute mail to designated mailboxes by noon daily.
- Pick up and deliver mail daily to Pinehurst Post Office.
- Provide currier services internally daily at 10am and 1pm.
- Provide currier services externally daily at 10am and 1pm delivering to affiliated businesses.
- Shipping and receiving experience required.
- Healthcare background preferred.
- Physical ability to climb ladders and lift up to 50 pounds.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Strong interpersonal abilities.
- Tactful, mature.
- Diplomacy, discretion and sound judgment.
- Ability to establish credibility.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Service oriented.
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Critical thinking: uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Detail oriented.
- Comprehends technical information.
- Independently works with others in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Accountable to Manager of Support Services.
$10.00 per hour but could vary depending on experience
About Pinehurst Surgical
Pinehurst Surgical is a state-of-the-art facility located in Pinehurst, North Carolina with locations in Rockingham, Sanford, Raeford, Laurinburg, Troy and more!