The Supply Chain and Warehouse Operations Lead at The Cobblers reports to the Chief Operations Officer - or the person(s) designated by the COO - and has the following roles and responsibilities:
Supply Chain Responsibilities
- Develops appropriate supply chain strategy to maximize customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost.
- Leads the supply chain team in executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Plans, manages, and coordinates all activities related to the forecasting, sourcing, procurement, and replenishment of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Works directly with the sales department to determine the most cost-effective distribution solution for finished goods transportation to customers.
- Overseeing operational systems, processes, and infrastructure while looking for opportunities for improvement or revision and anticipating and tracking Supply Chain risks, and providing strategic solutions.
Warehouse Operations and Logistics Responsibilities
- Planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations such as warehousing, inventory, transportation, and supply chain processes.
- Develops warehouse operations plans by determining product/material handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
- Develops warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process work-flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing changes.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in lifting, transporting, storing, and loading materials and products by use of conveyors, cranes, hoists, or industrial trucks, applying knowledge of plant layout and material-handling equipment and procedures: Studies receiving or shipping notices, requests for movement of raw materials and finished products, and reports of warehousing space available to develop a schedule for material handling activities.
- Develops warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Meets warehouse operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Accomplishes warehouse operations human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves warehouse operations operational objectives by contributing warehouse operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends.
- At least 5 years experience in Warehouse Operations
- At least 5 years experience in Supply Chain Management
- At least 5 years experience in KPI and SOP development and implementation
- At least 5 years experience in Logistics Supervision and Oversight
- At least 3 years experience in Material Handling Oversight
- Minimum education requirement: Bachelor's Degree
- Must have proven Analytical mindset
- Must be highly skilled in the use of Excel
- Must have extensive knowledge of Business Intelligence tools
- Must have participated in the deployment and/or improvement of 3 ERP and/or WMS systems
$60,000 - $85,000 yearly
About The Cobblers
The Cobblers is one of the fastest-growing companies in America. We are committed to delivering world-class restoration, repair, and cleaning services to high-quality leather goods and premium sneakers.
The Cobblers is a brand that represents new ways of thinking, creating innovative, circular processes for the development of our product-service offerings. Special items deserve a second life. We champion “revival and re-use” over the disposable and the replaceable. Pollute not. Waste Not. That's what we do when we bring your favorite shoes and handbags back to life.
Life at The Cobblers is about sharing responsibility and creating great work together. We take great pride in the many unique perspectives and expertise that our team brings to the table every day. We are committed to offering equal opportunities to all employees and welcome applicants irrespective of age, sex, race, ethnicity, disability.