Full Time - Mohs Department
Full Benefits, competitive salary and bonus potential
Our Mohs Department is a growing department and we now have a need for a Registered Nurse to work in both the clinical aspect and supervisory role. This department of two clinical staff, one Mohs Physician, one secretary, and one Histotech will be growing to include a mid-level provider and another Mohs Surgeon within the next year. Excellent opportunity for growth as a supervisor/manager within the practice!
Must be a Registered Nurse licensed by the North Carolina Board of Nursing
Experience required, supervisory experience a plus.
Supervisory: Manages the day to day operations of the Mohs department. Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance and confidentiality and promoting the mission of providing the best care to every patient in an environment that fosters teamwork, respect and compassion for all.
Clinical: The Mohs RN works closely with the Mohs providers to facilitate all aspects of clinical care for patients here for office visits and procedures. The Mohs RN Clinical Department Supervisor will ensure the highest level of patient satisfaction by maintaining close contact with each patient throughout their visits, pre-op, intra-op and post-op phases of care. They will also use their nursing background to educate patients about all aspects of their procedures, testing and medications and post op care. The Mohs RN Clincal Department Supervisor will assist with in-office procedures.
Clinical Operations/Patient Care
- Oversees clinic flow to provide delivery of efficient compassionate care for our patients.
- Assures accreditation standards and regulatory requirements are met for OSHA, HIPAA and AAAHC, as well as ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Interacts respectfully and collaboratively with patients and their families, striving to develop favorable relationships. Addresses minor patient care or service complaints to assure customer satisfaction.
- Assists in implementing workflows to meet meaningful use and other quality reporting requirements.
- Monitors operational processes throughout the department, identifying negative trends, patterns, patient quality care issues. Seeks guidance from the Operations Director and implements appropriate correction, documentation and follow-up monitoring.
- Collaborates with the providers to provide effective patient scheduling templates.
- Completes incident reports as needed and provides assistance in process improvements as directed by the Operations Director.
- Assists administration with monitoring patient satisfaction, identifies and implements policies to enhance satisfaction.
- Ensure patient calls are returned promptly.
- Provide clean and comfortable environment for patients.
- Strive to build caring, trusting relationships with patients to decrease patient anxiety.
- Ensure that you and the staff provide patient with all pre/post-operative instructions and information including scheduled follow-up appointments.
- Ensure that both you and the staff carefully review patient medications pre-operatively and discuss medications with providers prior to procedure if there are changes since the pre-operative visit.
- Ensure that you and the staff have consents signed prior to start of procedure.
- Assist physicians in procedures and examinations of patients when requested or needed.
- Provides on-site supervision of staff, monitors work outcomes.
- Prepares work schedules ensuring proper distribution of assignments. Reassigns staff as necessary to provide adequate coverage and to minimize overtime.
- Provides direction and support for Clinical Leads in order to achieve the clinical goals and objectives. Seeks guidance appropriately from the Operations Director for complex disputes or issues.
- Time and attendance management; maintains accurate attendance records and coordinates PTO per PSC policy.
- Actively develops employees and sets clear expectations in order to build a high performing team.
- Interprets company policies for employees and monitors adherence. Seeks guidance appropriately from the Operations Director for complex disputes or issues.
- Coaches and counsels staff with assistance from Human Resource and Operations Director. Disciplinary actions and Performance Improvement Plans will be handled by the Operations Director.
- Recommends personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, discharges and disciplinary measures.
- Makes recommendations and participates in the interview process.
- Assures thorough department orientation and training for new staff; audits staff performance through personal observation and monitoring of reports.
- Handles minor employee and provider concerns and grievances. Appropriately seeks guidance from the Operations Director for complex issues.
- Assists with preparation of annual clinic budgets.
- Monitors expenses through optimal utilization of staff, supplies and equipment.
- Prepares purchase requests and follows up with purchasing department.
- Maintains accurate inventory while ordering supplies as needed with attention to effective cost control.
- Assures equipment is maintained in good condition.
- Supports computer and system management programs to effectively operate clinic with support from the Health Information System staff.
- Ensures that they or the staff are doing the following: (1) Clean rooms and change linens per clinic policy. (2) Assist other staff with emptying laundry, trash and securing medication and other high risk items per clinic policy. (3) Assist in maintaining inventory and stocking of products as needed. (4) Assist other staff with cleaning equipment and procedure area per established protocols. (5) Notify the appropriate person if any equipment is in need of repair immediately. (6) Examine medications and supplies for expiration date prior to use in patient care.
Charge Capture and Collection
- Assures charges are submitted in a timely manner.
- Minimizes edits and denials.
- Timely and correct charge capture and documentation.
Communication and Education
- Provides accurate and timely communications to patients, providers, co-workers and subordinates.
- Monitors physician on-call schedules and alerts physicians of changes.
- Plans and facilitates departmental monthly staff meetings and seek assistance from the Operations Director as needed. Maintains minutes of meetings.
- Promotes ongoing education, skill set training of all staff and healthcare professionals.
- Supports cross training that promotes quality clinic operation even when short staffed.
- Collaborates with Administrative staff by scheduling meetings, making phone calls, putting in support tickets, and sending e-mails to assure effective communication.
- Maintains effective infection control and safety reference materials.
- Applies OSHA principles and maximizes infection control resources where necessary in the work environment using universal precautions when caring for patients; Use PPE per policy.
- Supports administrative efforts regarding compliance plan such as staff education, audits, certifications and licensing, TB testing, etc.
- Maintains facility to provide safe, comfortable, effective environment of care.
- Oversees and controls stock drugs, vaccines and clinical inventory. Monitoring stock for expiration dates.
- Works with clinical staff to accurately monitor all clinical logs for accuracy and completion.
Documentation and Compliance
Ensure that you and the staff do the following:
- Accurate Documentation of: All encounters including patient education.
- Attend required educational meetings, in-services and competency validation activities as needed.
- Maintain competency with all equipment and technology used in the care of patients.
- Comply with clinic dress code policy including ID badge.
- Graduation certificate from an accredited RN school of nursing
- Hold and Maintain current NC state RN nursing license
- BLS (required)
- ACLS (preferred)
- Strong computer skills
- Experience in business, accounting, finance, or healthcare administration; minimum of 3 year of experience in clinical setting including supervisory or lead responsibilities
- Service oriented
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong physician and staff relations skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Extensive knowledge of insurance rules including: coding, ICD 10, reimbursement, third party payers, precertification
- Experience managing difficult patient/customer situations
- Demonstrated success and familiarity with tools, technology and systems typically found within most health care environments (i.e. personal computer skills, spreadsheets, word processing, EMR systems, etc.)
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Tactful, mature. Diplomacy, discretion and sound judgment
- Ability to establish credibility
- Resourceful and well organized
- Independently works with others in a wide variety of circumstances
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 8-12 hours/day
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist and assist patients in rising from and returning to a wheelchair, procedure chair, or exam/procedure table
- Ability to relate sensitively to patients needs in stressful situations
$26 - $29 per hour plus bonuses and full benefits
About Pinehurst Surgical
Pinehurst Surgical is a state-of-the-art facility located in Pinehurst, North Carolina with locations in Rockingham, Sanford, Raeford, Laurinburg, Troy and more!