The Superintendent directs, plans, and implements all aspects of construction for the successful execution of the project in terms of logistics, cost, schedule, quality, and safety relative to field operations. This involves working with a dynamic team of contractors, engineers, architects, and project/program managers. You will be responsible for controlling projects to ensure direction, coordination, and implementation deliverables that fall within the applicable scope and budget.
Expect to work with motivated, talented, intense, and interesting co-workers who are excited to disrupt and make a change!
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with the final offer amount dependent on skills, education, experience, and location is $110,000 - $ 140,000 annually for Hayward, CA, and surrounding areas. This role is also eligible for stock options, and various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, flexible paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
In this Role, You Will:
- Meet operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews.
- Accomplish construction projects result by executing project purpose and scope.
- Establish standards and protocols; allocate resources; schedule and coordinate staff and subcontractors, plan work and allocate tasks to teams on site, manage the labor allocation to different tasks.
- Identifying design problems and working with the digital twin/AOR team to resolve design problems.
- Implementing change orders for subcontractors as needed.
- Propose changes to resolve clashes.
- Identify improvements to production.
- Ordering of materials needed for completion of tasks and assignments.
- Conduct inspections at critical phases.
- Work with local AHJ (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) to obtain approvals and inspections.
- Execution of the Job Start-up checklist upon site mobilization to ensure all safety elements are in place prior to field activities.
- Understanding and adherence to all OSHA and or other AHJ regulations.
- Assure strict adherence to all relevant and legally required safety posting and Right-to-Know - MSDS requirements.
- Enforce safety procedures and address any violations immediately.
- Conduct weekly safety inspections with or without a Corporate Safety Director or on-site safety officer.
- Develop the baseline Master Schedule along with the assigned Project Team.
- Communicate and drive the project schedule in daily/weekly Coordination Meetings via the Rolling Schedule and obtain updates and buy-in.
- Update the schedule or provide weekly updates for status updating and adjusting the Master Schedule.
- Conduct periodic quality control inspections to assure installed work adheres to contractual quality requirements. Document these inspections.
- Participate in the identification of punch list items prior to the formal punch list walk-through. Expedite the correction of punch list items and back-check completion status prior to the formal final walk-thru.
- Maintain all permit documents and current construction documents at the job site. Shall be directly responsible for updating drawings or delegate appropriately to others such as a Project Team.
- Maintain attendance of personnel & subcontractor trades by discipline.
- Document any issues causing potential schedule delays or cost impacts.
- Document any notifications of cost or schedule impact received from subcontractors.
Requirements, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Engineering, Construction Management or Architectural degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 8-10 years of residential construction experience.
- Basic computer skills in including GSuite, Excel, Word, and Microsoft Project (BIM 360 a plus).
- Extensive field construction experience at the supervisory level.
- Must have a vehicle capable of carrying supplies, a valid driver’s license, and be willing to drive among designated communities in daytime and nighttime.
- Working knowledge of all crafts (ability to read and understand specifications for all trades), and prior experience as foreman or journeyman in at least one trade, or project engineer.
- Knowledge of OSHA laws.
- Knowledge of job scheduling, planning, expediting, and cost control.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
$110,000 - $ 140,000
Veev is a residential home-building technology company with a unique and singular view that we spend most time and money should be treated like a product – one designed, built, and experienced from the user’s perspective. With 600MM in funding, several hundred employees, and growing, Veev uses a panelized approach; building more sustainable homes for developers at a lower cost and at a significantly faster pace and higher quality than traditional construction. Veev has reinvented the way homes are built and experienced while solving housing shortages in California and beyond. Our innovative technology allows rapid deployment while using the highest quality materials selected for smart and healthy living in mind, and sets a new industry standard with the goal of a zero-waste and low-carbon build process.
More about Veev: