Woodson YMCA, Inc.
This position is responsible is a seasonal position. It is responsible for purchasing, preparing, serving and storing all food for the YMCA Camp Program. The Cook/Kitchen person is to provide a clean and healthy working environment. This is to be accomplished within the licensing regulations of the State of Wisconsin. All YMCA employees must commit to professional leadership to the achievement of the YMCA’s mission and purpose, and conduct personal and professional affairs in a manner that will exemplify the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Establish and maintain a safe, clean, sanitary and healthy environment in the kitchen through room arrangement and organization.
- Plan and prepare all meals and snacks to meet the requirements under HFS Licensing Rules for Child Care Centers and DPI Child and Adult Care Food program.
- Serve all meals to children with staff assistance.
- Order and purchase all food needed. Ensure that all food items are stored properly.
- Wash dishes in compliance with state licensing guidelines.
- Post a menu in the kitchen. Any changes shall be recorded on the copies of the menu kept on file and posted for parents.
- Daily record keeping of production records which include food served and amounts provided.
- Completion of paperwork as needed for Food Program and/or Milk Program participation, if applicable.
- Attend staff meetings, staff trainings, orientation and in-service of 4 hours per year of kitchen sanitation, food handling and nutrition, provided by the YMCA and/or outside sources.
- Establish positive and productive relationships with children and families.
- Ensure smooth program operation that is responsive to participant needs.
- Attend to all state licensing regulations as well as YMCA quality standards. Adhere to OSHA standards and guidelines.
- See to the safe operation of all equipment utilized.
- Inform Camp Director of any repairs in kitchen area.
- Attend the required training sessions each year related to but not limited to:
- CPR and First Aid
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Customer Service
- Display and exemplify the values of caring, honest, respect and responsibility in all aspects of the job performance and in relationships with others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Meet all food service personnel qualifications in HFS 46 Licensing Rules for Day Camps.
- Must be able to lift, carry and load equipment, furnishings, and program supplies (up to 50 pounds).
- Possess current CPR and First Aid Certification, or complete within 6 months after hire date.
- Must be comfortable and able to work with children.
- Requires high energy levels, strong organization skills and knowledge of proper food handling, preparation, storage and cleaning aids.
$11.00 - $13.00 hourly
About Woodson YMCA, Inc.
The Woodson YMCA is an engine of transformation in our community. Our programs, services and initiatives: enable kids to realize their potential, prepare teens for leadership, offer ways for families to have fun together, empower people to be healthier in spirit, mind and body, welcome and embrace newcomers and help foster a service ethic. We instill our core values of Caring, Honesty, Responsibility and Respect throughout our Y programs.
People come to the Y to learn, have fun and get fit. But they soon discover skills, confidence, a sense of well-being and a connection to the world around them. You can find a gym, swimming pool or a treadmill in lots of places but it is our cause that makes the Y different. After serving our community for 127 years, just think of all those lives we have shaped and the future we have changed for the better. We really do strengthen the foundation of our community.