Woodson YMCA, Inc.
Camp Sturtevant strives to enrich the lives through Spirit, Mind, and Body for all of our participants. Camp Counselors are responsible for implementing activities and crafts based on theme weeks with the support of the Program Coordinators. Camp Counselors are responsible for the supervision of children, and implementation of day to day activities of Camp Sturtevant. This is accomplished through character development, crafts, active and non-active games, along with other activities that build strong children physically and mentally.
- Serve as role model with high integrity and the ability to adapt
- Plan and direct group activities with Program Coordinators
- Supervise children, group activities, lunch, and other aspects of the day
- Promote the development of the Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility
- Maintain an environment that ensures the safety and well-being of children
- Enforce licensing regulations, Camp Sturtevant / Woodson YMCA policies, and procedure
- Ensure the individual needs of children are met within program guidelines
- Implement developmentally appropriate activities
- Maintain positive relationships with children, staff, parents, and site administration
- Utilize sound judgment and communication skills
- Assist with Sign In and Sign Out as needed
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Prefer 1 year of experience as a camp counselor or related experience
- Have the ability to work in outdoor conditions and environments for extended periods of time
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out job responsibilities
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Be committed to the needs and interests of the camp
- Good communication skill
- Ability to function as part of a team in a mature and responsible manner
- First Aid and CPR with Lifeguarding preferred but will train
- Display the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility both in and out of camp
$9.50 - $11 hourly
About Woodson YMCA, Inc.
The Woodson YMCA is an engine of transformation in our community. Our programs, services and initiatives: enable kids to realize their potential, prepare teens for leadership, offer ways for families to have fun together, empower people to be healthier in spirit, mind and body, welcome and embrace newcomers and help foster a service ethic. We instill our core values of Caring, Honesty, Responsibility and Respect throughout our Y programs.
People come to the Y to learn, have fun and get fit. But they soon discover skills, confidence, a sense of well-being and a connection to the world around them. You can find a gym, swimming pool or a treadmill in lots of places but it is our cause that makes the Y different. After serving our community for 127 years, just think of all those lives we have shaped and the future we have changed for the better. We really do strengthen the foundation of our community.