NAAAM Real Estate Collection
The Structural Engineer will be responsible for working as part of a team in the production of design documents from schematic design through construction documents on company projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Inspection and structural assessment of existing structures and structures under construction, including preparation of associated reports.
- Structural engineering analysis, computer modeling and design calculations.
- Preparation of preliminary and final design drawings for reinforced concrete and steel structures and associated elements.
- Preparation of design technical memorandums, reports, and specifications.
- Maintenance and enforcement of code compliance and applicable standards.
- Technical review of construction documents.
- Travel on temporary assignments as needed.
- Development of effective work plans (with associated schedules and budgets) to address technical challenges.
- Performance of and leading work with excellent technical quality and delivering services within agreed-upon schedules and budgets.
- Assistance with mentoring and developing junior staff’s technical capabilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 4 years of Engineering experience required.
- 2 years with USACE project experience required.
- Experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Secret Clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of structural analysis principals and design, material selection and design, reinforced concrete design (ACI), steel design (AISC), code compliance, and structure stability analyses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and structural analysis packages.
- Must possess the ability to communicate directly with owners, architects, contractors, other design professionals and building officials.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of engineering mechanics, building structural systems and codes.
- Ability to travel.
$50,000 - $80,000+
About NAAAM Real Estate Collection
NAAAM Real Estate is a boutique brokerage located in Rockville, MD. It was started in 2004 by Prabhjit Singh. He does 20 million in sales volume himself every year. He was named as one of the top 100 real estate agents in the U.S. by Realtor.com. He is known for his high percentage of conversion of online leads and speaks nationally on this topic at the Inman Connect conference and Realtor.com summit. His brokerage is known for the team atmosphere that has been created so that agents support each other at such a high level that no one ever feels that they are doing it all alone. Whether that means calls in the middle of the night, covering each others open houses or covering for another agent when they are going out of town, we are there for each other. This brokerage is a family and we are there for each other to make sure we are all extremely successful. Every real estate agent in this brokerage makes six figures a year.