The UPS Store 5606
The Store Manager is accountable for the successful day-to-day operations of the store, including sales growth. He/she manages and supervises the store associates, oversees recruitment and training, ensures communication between all levels of the organization, maintains a clean and well-organized facility, and implements store protocols to optimize efficiency in all areas of operation.
The Store Manager shall be able to perform all actions associated with customer service, sales, administration of the store, and training of associates. They will be trained to ensure that the store complies with all corporate and management guidelines. They should be able to provide and perform all functions of the store as needed.
The ideal candidate has 2+ years in retail or administrative management. Previous experience is highly preferred. He/she must have strong administrative and organizational skills, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, strong computer skills, and a working knowledge of the retail industry. Includes paid time off.
We are an independently owned franchise. You will work directly with the store owners.
- Hires, trains, manages, and disciplines staff as needed
- Creates weekly schedule for the store within budgeted hours
- Assigns work to associates, ensuring full operational coverage
- Maintains procedures for store operations, including franchise compliance
- Maintains, and enforces all company policies and procedures
- Oversees HR functions
- Manages store supplies and inventory
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required
- Provides administrative assistance as needed
- Must be available by phone during Store Business hours up to 1 hour after closing
- Have weekend and on-call availability. Weekend on-call availability is rotated among management
- Perform and meet timelines on all tasks assigned by management
- Attends all meetings, training, and educational classes as required; including quarterly visits and TUPSS network meetings
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
- Assume and maintain responsibility for management, all processes of the store, and all employees that work in the store
- May involve lifting up to 50 pounds
- Will involve standing for extended periods of time, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping in the performance of daily activities
- Reports to General Manager while working independently in center
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School required, College degree in Business or a related field preferred
- 2+ years of previous experience preferred
- Retail experience is beneficial, with a focus on staff management
- Reliability and dependability is a must
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact professionally with customers, vendors, and staff
- Strong organization skills, able to multi-task, and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance; uniforms provided
- Excellent Customer Service, Leadership, and Training/Coaching Skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills; including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Highly professional and dependable, with the ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrates emotional maturity and good judgment
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- An understanding of InDesign and/or Photoshop is preferred, but not required
- Will be required to complete an in-person training for the Certified Operator course and Print course at managements discretion
- Must be able to qualify for, acquire and maintain a Notary License
$35,000 - $50,000 yearly
About The UPS Store 5606
The UPS Stores in Sinking Spring is here to help individuals and small businesses by offering a wide range of products and services. We are locally owned and operated.
While we're your local packing and shipping experts, we do much more. The UPS Store is your local print shop, providing professional printing services to market your small business or to help you complete your personal project or presentation. We offer secure mailbox and package acceptance services, document shredding, office and mailing supplies, faxing, scanning, and more. Everything for your small business, even shipping.