Hilton Charlotte University Place
We are seeking a focused and energetic individual to join our Culinary Team as a Kitchen Steward.
The current need is for PM shifts.
The Steward will perform these and other duties as assigned:
- Clean, sanitize, and store dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans in their designated area
- Clean and sanitize all kitchen equipment, food storage areas, walk-in fridges, freezers, ovens, and dry storage cupboards
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas
- Sweep or scrub floors
- Stock supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars
- Receive and store supplies
- Clean garbage cans with water or steam
- Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks
- Prepare and package individual place settings
- Load or unload trucks that deliver or pick up food or supplies
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent certification
- Possesses a strong work ethic and have high attention to detail
- Excellent stamina and physical health
- Prior food service industry experience is highly desired
About Hilton Charlotte University Place
Our lakeside hotel is off I-85, a half-mile from The University of North Carolina at Charlotte and steps from The Shoppes at University Place. PNC Music Pavilion and the Charlotte Motor Speedway are 10 minutes away. Features include a seasonal outdoor pool, patio seating with fire pits, a café serving Starbucks coffee, an on-site restaurant/bar, 20,000 square feet of meeting/event space, a 24-hour fitness center, and walking trails.