Five Star Technology Solutions
The STEM Training Support Specialist (TSS) provides cohesion and communication between the STEM Project Management Team (PMT), the coaches, and district administrators participating in the Indiana Department of Education STEM Cadre. They must be fully aware of Indiana’s Vision and Mission for STEM and remain a champion of this mission. TSS will receive training in all areas addressed by this initiative and design collaborative experiences to provide ongoing training to school coaches. They will monitor and report to the PMT as well as district administrators. These positions are grant funded for a period of one year. This role will be a hybrid of remote work and regular in-state travel.
Essential Functions and Expectations
- Training and Professional Development
- Actively participate in ongoing training focused on instructional coaching and STEM integration
- Assist in the development and facilitation of professional development for school administrators and coaches
- Engage in individual and collaborative ongoing research focused on instructional coaching, STEM integration, and leadership
- Be familiar with current research and curricular resources provided by the project or seek support to that end
- Support to Assigned Cadre School Administrators and Coaches
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with school administrators, instructional coaches, and school faculty
- Provide oversight, monitoring, and support for STEM coaches and administrators in implementing project goals as guided by the assurances
- Assist school administrators in developing, refining, and communicating goals for STEM integration in grades 4-8
- Analyze school data with STEM coaches and administrators in order to drive data-informed goal-setting and instructional decisions
- Conduct on-site visits to assigned schools once per month. Use designated agendas and protocols for all visits; complete comprehensive and timely documentation of all visits. Visits will include:
- Meeting with STEM coach
- Meeting with administrator
- Walkthrough of grades four through eight classrooms
- Facilitate two virtual one-on-one meetings with assigned coaches per month to:
- Review curriculum, instruction, and assessments related to research-based
- STEM integrated practices
- Support structured, ongoing instructional coaching - including mini and full coaching cycles grounded in data-driven outcomes
- Review class level and grade level progress monitoring data with STEM coaches and administrators
- Review and analyze school formative assessment data following assessment windows
- Conduct a minimum of three touchpoints with STEM coaches per week, including virtual meetings, emails, or phone calls
- Plan and lead or co-lead professional development at assigned schools related to STEM integration at least once per semester
- Provide ongoing support and training for coaches and administrators, including specific feedback regarding effective data-driven instructional coaching practices
- Support implementation of escalation protocol
- Data and Research
- Prepare data and reporting items for monthly meetings with the STEM Project Manager; actively participate in these meetings
- Provide ongoing documentation of school support, training, professional development, meetings, and contacts using the Data Dashboard and other designated tracking tools
- Oversee STEM coaches’ ongoing documentation of coaching activities in the Data Dashboard and other designated tracking tools
- Maintain accurate reporting of mileage and other project-related expenses using approved forms and systems
- Current teaching certification/licensure is required.
- Experience using instructional technology in a classroom setting with remote instruction, PBL, STEM, and Google for Education experience preferred.
- The ideal candidate should have impeccable interpersonal skills that include excellent oral and written communication, organization, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment and/or independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Ability to commute locally (1-4 hours) and travel nationally overnight for occasional events as needed.
$55,000 - $70,000 yearly
About Five Star Technology Solutions
At Five Star Technology Solutions, we believe technology can transform education to meet the needs of today’s K-12 learners. Our K-12-focused staff understands the pressures teachers and schools face and believes the “one size fits all” approach dominating the education market is failing teachers and students. That is why we developed a unique suite of educator-requested, educator-developed technology solutions to help students and schools succeed, including managed services and professional development.