Eager to work with tech companies owners and innovative lawyers?
Seeking experienced corporate/transactional attorney, with start-up experience, who can take the lead and who genuinely enjoys advising cutting-edge entrepreneurs and tech start-ups.
Position Summary: Who we want.
- We seek a modern, innovative, corporate/start-up counsel to lead a range of projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to our business clients and provide strategic guidance on various corporate legal matters.
- We seek a candidate who comfortably speaks the language of corporate deals, private equity, capital raises, corporate setup (drafting all manner of corporate documents, contracts, etc.), drafting all manner of contracts, and structuring big deals without running afoul of essential regulatory frameworks; excellent writing, research, and editing skills; a sharp legal mind; and high-level organizational skills.
- We are looking for a team player willing to take ownership of a client’s case, including direct contact with clients and opposing counsel, drafting necessary documents, conducting follow-up research, and take charge of producing quality legal deliverables from beginning to end. The ideal candidate will have BigLaw experience, have graduated from a top law school, or with top marks from their law school. The position requires experience working with start-ups and helping start-ups raise capital (PPMs, SEC regulation, and corporate structuring are placed you feel comfortable with).
- We want an aspiring legal genius, and we mean that. This is not a stepping-stone job where you come in, submit poor quality work, and expect to receive intense training and handholding. We need someone whose goal is to be the go-to lawyer in his or her office for legal problem-solving. You want to be recognized for your next-level lawyering skills, and we want to give you the opportunity to get that recognition. We also want someone who believes that phenomenal lawyering chops doesn’t give you permission to treat others like garbage and loves the idea of being on the ground floor of a contemporary, modern law firm and appreciates being rewarded on a regular basis for based on clear objectives, including increasing the firm’s bottom line.
If these statements appeal to you, then you may be the lawyer we need:
- You are an amazing writer who takes pride in your sickening degree of attention to detail;
- You see a structure where other people see disorganization;
- People who know you would describe you a “Reliable” and “Trustworthy”.
$75,000.00 (and up, commensurate with experience), with preference given to a Florida-based candidate available to work from our Miami Office.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with an emphasis on corporate or contract law.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) from an ABA-approved law school.
- Active membership in good standing of the bar of any U.S. jurisdiction.
- Experience working with startup companies (specifically, with positioning the company to raise capital).
- Experience with corporate legal matters including constructing and negotiating contracts for strategic partnerships with suppliers, marketing partners, and future customers.
- Demonstrated history of working collaboratively with management and business teams to solve complex legal problems.
- Proven thought leadership with strong organizational skills and business judgment.
- Highly proactive self-starter.
- Aptitude for maintaining strong working internal cross-functional relationships.
- Adaptable, resourceful, flexible, and creative
- Strong communication skills, presence, decisiveness, and poise.
- Excellent written communication skills.
$75,000 - $100,000 yearly
Who we are. CORPlaw's motto: We take legal work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Our brilliant team of ex BigLaw attorneys has no interest in recreating the toxic work environment commonplace at many elite firms. We were rebellious enough to pose a challenge to the establishment: Producing exceptional work product and service to clients while remaining kind and well-rounded don't have to be mutually exclusive options. While fostering a better legal office culture is our priority, so too is producing exceptionally high-quality legal services to our clients.
www.corplaw.us | 1 (833) 545-7526 | Info@corplaw.us