The Staff Accountants for MBE CPAs are responsible for learning and applying technical skills and working as part of a team. They are expected to provide timely and accurate reporting of financial reports and data of clients.
Staff Accountants analyze and review balance sheet accounts, performs account period closings and analysis for client review. They also develop standards, month end closing, variance analysis, reconciliations, fix asset justifications, inventory valuation, tax preparation, budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare journal entries and compile financial statements to include balance sheet, statement of revenues and expenditures, and revenue and expenditure comparison to budget.
- Maintain all accounting ledgers and supporting accounting documentation.
- Maintain AP system, including processing of invoices, creation of payables schedule and processing of checks.
- Monitor cash flow and reconcile all bank accounts.
- Prepare financial reports and statements for client review.
- Develop, implement and maintain a monthly reporting process to client.
- Education and Experience: Bachelors Degree or higher in Accounting. Zero to two years experience in general accounting; working toward CPA certification.
- Communication: Strong interpersonal skills. Skilled at communicating complex technical information so that it is understood by client. Ability to establish strong working relationships with staff and clients.
- Knowledge Base: Thorough knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley, GAAP and GAAS. General knowledge of firm products and services. General knowledge of market trends including opportunities and local business initiatives.
- Accountability: Ability to work independently.
$45,000 - $55,000
About MBE CPAs
We cherish the trust our clients have placed in us and our common purpose is to positively affect the quality of life for our clients, associates, families, friends, and communities.
Secondly, our organization is passionate in providing services which assist our clients in reaching their financial goals by conducting ourselves with a positive attitude, integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
Lastly, we strive to proactively communicate among ourselves and with our clients to provide products and services unparalleled in quality, value, and timeliness.