We are looking for a Staff Accountant (Part-Time) to join our Accounting Department Staff here in Virginia Beach, Virginia, working 25-30 hours a week. There is also an opportunity for some Work-From-Home assignments provided that the candidate has consistent Internet access.
The Staff Accountant's (Part-Time) responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining pre-paid schedules. You will also be assisting the Controller as needed and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
An outstanding candidate for our Staff Accountant (Part-Time) position should also have excellent communication (both written and verbal), organizational, as well as analytical skills.
Staff Accountant (Part-Time) Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Assisting the Controller as needed.
Staff Accountant (Part-Time) Qualifications, Experience, and Requirements include:
- Associates degree in Accounting, Business or equivalent business/work experience required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks is a must.
- Intermediate Excel experience.
- Experience with Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Staff Accountant (Part-Time) Preferred Experience:
- Working with Fulfillment Operations.
$16- $20 per hour
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off