We are looking for a tax and accounting expert to manage and facilitate the accurate preparation and filing of our client's state and federal tax forms. The ideal candidate is a team player who manages the tax team to greater performance, creates and implements tax plans and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk.
The staff accountant will ensure compliance with state federal and international tax law through a series of systems and system controls that are designed to ensure accurate, timely reporting. They will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies. The ideal candidate is single-minded in their pursuit of ensuring compliance and achieves this goal through optimizing reporting procedures and driving the successful function of the tax team.
- Review financial statements, expenses, and previous tax returns to identify the best strategy for organizing and monitoring
- Present quarterly and yearly financial reports to management
- Perform general bookkeeping and organize financial forms, documents, and receipts
- Ensure all financial transactions within the company are accounted for and follow legal standards
- Analyze annual budget recording transactions in need of follow-up documentation
- Create personal and business invoices and request payment for services rendered
- Gather appropriate materials regarding yearly tax tables, instructions, and forms to accurately calculate taxes for clients
- Work closely with clients and businesses to obtain personal information regarding potential deductions, educational grants, or allowances
- Must have 2 or more years of work experience at an accounting firm or as a management accountant, bookkeeper, cost accountant or similar
- Tax preparation experience for partnerships and S-corporations.
- Experience with Ultra Tax
- Licensure as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Professional experience working with confidential and sensitive information
- Knowledge of state and federal tax form processes and how to accurately properly prepare forms for each
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and meet timely obligations with many clients
- Knowledge of accounting processes and advanced mathematical skills
- Experience consulting tax handbooks or other printed materials to determine the proper procedure for preparing challenging returns
- Skilled using various accounting software and experience in troubleshooting common accounting program problems
- Personal integrity when working with personal and sensitive financial information
- Professional experience in financial forecasting and risk analysis
$60,000 - $80,000 yearly
About BEC CFO
BEC CFO provides CFO and High Income Tax services to select entrepreneurs and real estate investors. Our process is to create a financial rhythm in their business so that they have the necessary information to make good decisions in scaling their business.
Due to our hands-on process and limited capacity, we only work with a small number of select entrepreneurs.