Homeward Bound of WNC
Overview: Homeward Bound’s SSVF Program provides short-term financial assistance for housing and case management support to veterans and their family members experiencing homelessness or at risk of losing their housing in Buncombe County. The program can offer short-term financial assistance with move-in costs and can also provide short-term rental and/or utility assistance. The program offers resources and services that are tailored to the unique needs of the household. The Outreach Program Manager will directly supervise an outreach case manager and a Health Care Navigator and be responsible for all daily tasks related to supporting these staff members. This staff member will know and understand all grant requirements and be able to provide approval and oversight for all operations. The Outreach Program Manager will conduct regular outreach at our AHOPE day center, campsites, and with various other providers including the VA. The Outreach Program Manager will also coordinate with their case manager to complete enrollment packets and present clients at the weekly Veteran Coordinated Assessment meeting in our community. The Outreach Program Manager will also regularly collaborate with other veteran community providers and VA Outreach staff.
Schedule and compensation: This is a full-time, exempt position with salaried compensation.
Personnel Management of the Team:
- Ensure compliance with agency and grant policies & procedures, including participation in required meetings/trainings, timelines and accuracy of reporting, tracking quality and quantity of work, and overall professionalism
- Oversee staff and make sure they are in compliance with grant requirements, job requirements, and documentation standards
- Ensure team members are equipped with knowledge, ability, and supplies needed to work effectively
- Provide supervision through weekly team meetings, bi-monthly individual supervision, monthly shadowing, quarterly and annual reviews
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with each grant program
- Serve as the first line of problem-solving and support for team members, prior to bringing concerns to the RRH director
- Evaluate team members’ work and support performance changes as needed, both on an ongoing basis and in annual evaluations
Program Development and Outcomes Management:
- Conduct internal monitoring and ensure adherence to all grant requirements
- Assess program efficacy and track retention
- Initiate effective and creative initiatives to improved efficiency of program implementation
Ensure required outcomes are met for each grant by:
- Ensuring team members understand the outcomes of their grants and are equipped and empowered to meet them
- Keeping team on track throughout the year to meet annual outcomes
- Supervise staff in their daily functions and all required duties of that position
- Assist the Program Director in implementing RRH operations
- Accurately complete job assignments, agency forms and written documents within assigned deadlines
- Provide all other duties as assigned
**This job description does not list all of our job duties. Occasionally, the RRH Program Director, Housing Services Director, or Executive Director might request that you perform other reasonable duties in order to most effectively meet the needs of the RRH population.
- Bachelor of Social Work or related degree
- At least 2 years of experience in homeless services or related field
- Strong leadership ability and supervision experience preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong administrative ability and attention to detail
- Flexibility: ability to adjust to the diverse needs of clients
- Ability to provide leadership and services in alignment with Homeward Bound’s mission, vision, values, and philosophy of service delivery
- Ability to work effectively both as a team player and with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to operate proficiently a personal computer, fax machine, printer, and copier
- Experience and skills in word processing and databases required
- Ability to create relationships with community partner agency staff and foster those relationships to increase RRH program effectiveness
- Ability to ably represent Homeward Bound’s core mission
About Homeward Bound of WNC
Homeward Bound of WNC is the leading nonprofit organization in Buncombe County focused on ending homelessness using the best practice Housing First model. We work collaboratively with community partners and have a proven track record of stabilizing individuals and families. Since 2006, Homeward Bound has moved more than 2,236 men, women, and children off the streets, out of cars, camps, and shelters, and into permanent housing – 89% have not returned to homelessness.
- We believe in the absolute value and worth of every single human being.
- We believe that housing is a basic human right, integral to self-worth and dignity.
- We believe that homelessness is a solvable problem.
Mission: To prevent and end homelessness in our community through permanent housing and support.
For more information, visit: https://homewardboundwnc.org/