We are seeking a full-time Senior Residential Construction Manager role responsible for our residential acquisition and remodel projects. This position is responsible for planning construction projects and overseeing their progress in a timely and cost-specific manner. The incumbent is wholly responsible for the implementation and scheduling of residential acquisition and rehab projects; and will report directly to the Reno, NV-based District Construction Manager.
- Oversee construction processes according to schedule and scope of work while managing daily and assigned tasks-including but not limited to construction processes, maintaining budgets, and weekly reporting on outcomes
- Manage and facilitate the successful rehab of residential acquisition purchases
- Professionally aggressive follow-through is expected
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with trade contractors to deliver properties on time and within budget
- Negotiate and hold contractors accountable to terms of the agreement; obtain all required permits and licenses
- Perform daily walk-throughs on properties to ensure contractors are present and work is being completed as outlined
- Monitor construction sites regularly to ensure compliance, productivity, and on-time scheduled deadlines are being met
- Inspect plumbing, electrical, and other systems to ensure that they are rent ready and meet code
- 5+ years successful and proven working experience in construction management
- Current and established trade vendor relationships in the local area
- Organize and develop budget and project time frames, manage vendors, and ensure quality control and as
- Assurance for rental readiness
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on all fronts
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means, and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details, and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards
About Cava Companies
Cava Companies is a local leader in the residential real estate industry and residential rental management business. We are a mid-sized business consisting of top-producing friendly and positive people. Our senior management and staff have extensive experience in real estate development, finance, economic development, project management, leasing, and property management. We have in-depth knowledge of the Virginia market, contacts, and the growth trend of this great state.
We provide a place to excel at work without layers of corporate bureaucracy slowing you down. You'll have the autonomy to do your work without distractions from layers of management. We're a friendly and positive team environment, free of drama and negativity.
We're stable, reliable, and will be around for a long time with numerous growth opportunities. We double in size about every three years at our current pace. We hire self-starters that are looking to grow from within the company.