Sr. Health, Safety and Environmental Lead, will provide leadership and support to all construction personnel in the implementation of safety policies and best safety practices. The Sr. H&S Specialist will use their knowledge, skills and experience to promote a positive health and safety culture in an effort to create an injury free work environment
• Work closely with corporate and company H&S staff to develop safety policy, procedures, minimum guidelines and best practices.
• Promote good safety culture (Safety Above All Else) and continually reinforce safe work practices.
• Work with project leadership to manage worksite inspections in an effort to identify risks and develop best practices to assure safe and healthful conditions for workers.
• Work closely with all project team members to ensure the requirements of the project-specific safety plan as well as all company policies and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
• Continually evaluate working conditions and recommend improvements in safety and health methods, practices, and/or procedures.
• Interact with and provide information to Area Construction Managers and safety team for continual process improvements.
• Meet with Project/Contractor Management to communicate Safety objectives.
• Facilitate and ensure that all project safety meetings are adequate and held as scheduled.
• Participate in and ensure training is provided to all inspectors – contractor safety plan, project-specific safety plan, company policies, required regulatory requirements, etc.
• Ensure incident investigations are conducted on all incidents and near misses to determine root cause(s) and develop recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
• Ensure incident investigation reports are submitted to safety representative in a timely manner.
• Ensure all corrective action investigation findings are completed in a timely manner or by the target date outlined in the investigation report.
• Set and Lead by example.
Joe Knows Energy delivers added value to our clients by providing them experienced Inspectors with outstanding communication and leadership skills that support the schedule and budget goals of the project team.
We hire inspectors who are committed to excellent performance standards and thrive in a safety-focused team environment.