Amber Electrical Contractors
Sr. Estimator creates accurate, aggressive, and profitable bid proposals for a variety of commercial and industrial projects. The Sr. Estimator reviews proposal specifications, drawings, attends pre-bid meetings and reviews bids within the Estimating staff for accuracy. Focuses on profitability and cost control.
Include the following. Other duties will likely be assigned.
- The Preconstruction Electrical Estimator is responsible for producing electrical estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements
- Provide Knowledge and expertise of electrical systems. Low voltage estimates systems a plus
- Attend pre-bid or team scope review meetings and understand the complete scope of work required, with sometimes limited information
- Visit construction regional project sites for job walks and meetings
- Review and understand all project bid documents
- Locate, notify, and send bid information to subcontractors and vendors for quotations on outsourced work
- Complete the estimate takeoff, using on-screen computer estimating, within time deadlines
- Complete change order estimates for awarded projects
- Work as a team with other estimators, company divisions, and departments
- Compile and finalize the estimate within time deadline and participate in team reviews with management on bid day
- Daily interaction with subcontractors and vendors
- Evaluate bids of subcontractors and vendors for completeness of scope of work, schedule, compliance with specifications, or other bid requirements
- Prepare value engineering analysis in anticipation of the customer's best interest
- Develop the scope of work narrative
- Assist field operations with the estimate after bid award at project closeout
- Prepare proposal letter including scope of work, inclusions, exclusions, and clarifications. Additionally, meet proposal due date schedules
- Anticipate requirements of producing estimates with little information given
- Consistent customer follow-up for feedback on bid / proposal, reporting results to management
- Enforce compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, safety standards and report all variances to Chief Estimator
- Assist the Estimating Staff with bid process/procedures and review of final bids
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to clear background and drug screen.
- At least 4+ years of estimating commercial and or industrial projects
- Field experience in electrical and low voltage systems is a plus
Accustomed to estimating for projects valued at $3 million and above. Please provide examples.
Thorough knowledge of the electrical field with familiarity in materials and construction methods
Knowledgeable of the N.E.C and local code
Full working knowledge and experience with ConEst and IntellBid
Proficiency using Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word) and comfortable with spreadsheets and computerized on-screen takeoff program;
- Produce accurate, timely and competitive estimates with minimal data
- Excellent communication skills with customers, vendors, subcontractors, general contractors, and owners
- Ability to maintain organization while multitasking in an extremely quick-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to Company estimating policies and procedures easily
$80,000 - $120,000
About Amber Electrical Contractors
Amber Electrical Contractors Inc. is an established Texas-based commercial electrical contracting company with over 30 years of experience in Texas. We pride ourselves on providing superior service and quality workmanship.