PEOPLE’S Senior Chemical / Process Engineer is responsible for the support, design, engineering, and qualification of a new state of the art pilot to manufacturing scale up plant. The successful candidate will work on process development and optimization projects to drive our lean manufacturing initiatives, increase efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximize profitability. In addition, the candidate will lead the design and implementation of complete process equipment systems from the prototype lab to new plant.
- Innovate and develop new technologies and methods to drive process optimization initiatives to maximize yield and throughput while maintaining quality.
- Plan and conduct experiments to fully characterize the bio-process. Analyze process variables and data collected to identify critical parameters, optimize processes and equipment performances. Develop process windows/limits for automated/semi-automated production.
- Analyze pilot test data and results and present findings and recommendations to stakeholders to implement process improvements.
- A detailed knowledge of the science and technology for the unit operations associated with manufacturing operations to include mass and heat transfer, mixing, chromatography, distillation, Ethanol / CO2 extraction, CIP/SIP, and bio-separation (microfiltration, ultrafiltration) , centrifugation processes.
- Experience with troubleshooting / problem solving and risk assessment / mitigation. Demonstrated experience making science based and/or data-driven recommendations for manufacturing operations.
- Perform evaluate and execute process and equipment validation (IQ,OQ, PQ) and associated data for compliance with GMP, FDA and ISO standards in contribution to the scale-up of production processes from lab to full manufacturing scale up.
- Knowledgeable in biochemistry, lab analytical instruments are a plus.
- B.S. in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering. M.S. a plus.
- 4 - 7 years of experience of process development and optimization in the specialty chemical, pharmaceutical/ bio-tech manufacturing industry is required.
- Process and equipment development a must.
- GMP / GLP certification and knowledge is a plus.
- Self-motivated professional, capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- Lean manufacturing, process modeling and simulation, Six Sigma and Minitab statistical tools (DOE, ANOVA), FMEA/HAZOP, root cause analysis.
- Proficiency in technology software, desktop electronics, MS Office, Outlook, Excel (QuickBooks is preferred).
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detailed oriented and extremely organized.
- Proficient at multi-tasking and time management in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive team player who works well with others.
PEOPLE'S OC is Southern California’s largest cannabis retail store. As an industry-leading cannabis company, PEOPLE'S OC provides high-quality products and excellent customer service to recreational and medical customers in the Orange County area. PEOPLE'S OC prides itself on its knowledgeable staff, sustainable business practices, community involvement, and close relationships with farmers and vendors.
Our retail store in Orange County is currently hiring new employees. Grow with us!