Ashburn Children's Dentistry
Would you love a rewarding career opportunity working with children? Have fun at work every day - enjoying an awesome team!
We are growing and our busy advanced pediatric dental practice would love to add talented, energized, and educated members to our team! This is a unique opportunity in the dental field! If you're friendly, energetic, and motivated, we're looking for you. If you want to help children smile, be healthy and be a member of a team of friendly professionals who like to have fun while they work then you're looking for us! Dental assisting experience required and willing to train the right person! Some orthodontic experience is necessary.
Our team genuinely loves kids, so we work hard to create a safe, comfortable, and fun experience for everyone that walks through our doors, including our team! We have more continuing education and training than 99% of those in our industry and we use that knowledge to provide an exceptional experience for our patients. We have an office culture of continual learning and daily focus on our successes. Patient protocols are in place to focus on achieving health - not just fixing teeth. Communication and compassion are central to our practice and necessary to help our patients see the potential dentistry has to change their life. Our doctors are exceptionally skilled, humble, and truly enjoys teaching the team. Our practice has high standards but we enjoy helping our team members exceed those expectations with coaching and training opportunities.
Perfect opportunity to try something new, work with passionate folks, and advance your career. If you have the drive, we can train the skills. If you have the drive AND the skills, there is no better team for you to be a part of.
We provide MAXAIR CAPR® Systems, advanced respiratory protection system for our team members.
*Please complete the entire application to be considered for the position. *
The number one duty of all employees in patient care and meeting patient needs. We stand by the vision of the practice to provide an atmosphere of continuous learning and of mutual support where everyone bands together as a team to provide the utmost in care to our patients while honoring each other.
- Educates patient and parents on proactive and preventative dental care, nutrition, sleep, and breathing habits
- Providing patient care and support
- Takes diagnostic digital X-rays, 3D CBCT scans of patient’s teeth and processing results
- Takes impressions and 3D digital impressions
- Accurately charts and documents all notes pertaining to the patient during the exam and treatment set forth by the Company guidelines
- Reviews the patient’s chart, medical history, treatment plan, and consent forms prior to treatment, and identifies any potential concerns for the Doctor to consider
- Monitors the patient at all times while he or she is on nitrous oxide;
- Obtains stabilization consent form from the parent or guardian as requested by the Doctor;
- Reviews and understands the patient’s insurance eligibility;
- Exercises significant patience and discretion in order to obtain the proper cooperation from each patient.
- Prepares the patient prior to beginning treatment (all necessary cassettes, handpieces, materials, and instruments should be ready and available for the Doctor).
- Uses, as needed, “tell- show- do" prior to any treatment.
- Uses creativity and imagination to encourage anxious or timid patients.
- Adapts to each individual and provides an excellent chair-side manner
- Performs coronal polishing, sealant application, fluoride application, and topical anesthetic application as needed
- Assists in restorative and oral surgery laser dental procedures
- Performs minor orthodontic procedures, wire bending, appliance fabrication
- Individuals who display aptitude and interest will be given employer-paid career advancement opportunities
- Maintains patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance. Ensure any release of patient information is done according to the Company guidelines
- Additional duties will be assigned to achieve the Company standards and goals as efficiently as possible
- We are a specialty pediatric practice and see ages 2 days old - 18 years old
Our team is full of individuals with different skills and personalities, but each is willing to go the extra mile for our patients while communicating well with our team. Relatable? Then there’s a spot for you at our practice. We’re excited to hear from you!
- At least 18 years of age
- Bachelor's degree or graduation from a two-year college program in a related discipline is preferred
- Dental Assistant experience REQUIRED
- Orthodontic experience 1yr +
- X-ray certification required
- Myofunctional therapy (preferred)
- Sleep Medicine (preferred)
- Leadership ability
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills; must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Customer service oriented and able to communicate with a pleasant demeanor at all times
- Effective written and verbal communication with all staff and management
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, be able to multitask and perform job duties in a timely manner
- Strong PC skills and ability to learn and successfully use new programs as required
- A constant drive to improve self-learning. Individuals who display aptitude and interest will be given employer-paid career advancement opportunities
- Ability to multitask and work independently or with co-workers in a close, team environment required
- A great conversationalist, with the ability to quickly build rapport and credibility
- Paid time off for full-time members which increases as you grow in your career with us
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401k Retirement
- Paid holidays
- Employer paid training opportunities
- Ability to work 36-38 hours per week (some days as early as 6:30 am and ending some days at 7 pm)
- Ability to work 1-2 Saturday's per month (7:30 am-1 pm)
- Reliable transportation to Ashburn, Virginia in all types of weather
About Ashburn Children's Dentistry
For almost 20 years, we have been honored to be one of Northern Virginia’s most awarded practices; we were most recently voted 2020 Northern Virginia’s Top Dentist. At Ashburn Children’s Dentistry, we practice from the heart – delivering quality customized dental care to create an experience that exceeds each patient’s expectations from when they walk through the door to when they exit it.
We are authoritative leaders in pediatric dentistry utilizing lasers and other advanced technologies. Through education and collaboration, we help patients and parents commit to a wellness journey that focuses on proactive prevention that prioritizes overall health at each stage of development.
We offer comprehensive medical benefits, personalized training programs, and more! We are looking for passionate, hard-working people who want to be part of our team and take ownership and pride in what they do. We promise exciting opportunities and growth potential.