Populist Cleaning Co
Unlimited Vacation, Company Car, 401k Match, Health Care, Grow Your Paycheck!
$50,000 base salary with a path to $90,000. Grow your division, your team, and your paycheck!
If you love seeing the results of a freshly waxed floor, and you’re proud when you see your team restore a filthy carpet from black to blue, this role could be for you!
At Populist Cleaning Co, our Special Projects Division is responsible for performing these cleaning projects for our customers, and we’re looking for an experienced leader to help us expand this Division. Expanding the division equals expanding your wallet!
If you’re an operations-minded professional, experienced at building teams, AND good with jumping in at times to get your hands dirty while pulling back when necessary to let your team perform at their best, continue reading...
Populist Cleaning Co stands out because our culture is built on our shared Core Values. We hire, fire, review, reward, and recognize our teammates based on these characteristics, so it’s important that you share these values to be part of our team.
Our Core Values:
- Commitment - We maintain a strong sense of intention, persistence, and determination. Commitment fosters camaraderie, trust, and caring - things a company needs to keep it going for the long run.
- Hard Work - We demonstrate a great deal of effort or endurance to work intelligently and vigorously. We complete a job with maximum efficiency within the assigned budget.
- Individual Responsibility - We are responsible for our own choices, actions, and the results thereof. We do not blame others or expect a free pass. We don’t hide – we own the truth!
- Respect - We display due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, circumstances, or traditions of each other. We demonstrate understanding and consideration for each other.
- Professionalism – We demonstrate the specialized knowledge, competency, honesty, accountability, self-regulation, and demeanor required in our industry. We fully encompass all other Populist Core Values.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, and 401k (company rules apply), unlimited paid time off, laptop, cell phone, vehicle with paid gas, and maintenance.
Salary Range: $50,000 base salary with a path to $90,000 tied to division growth. Work will be on-site, with office and shop based out of Ypsilanti, MI. This is not a remote position.
What Success Looks Like?
- Represent the Populist Brand to prospects, customers, and staff as a Manager of the SP division reporting directly to the Director of Operations
- Start position by working with current SP staff to understand the “lay of the land”, job sites, equipment, providing necessary staffing assistance while building up the team (recruiting and hiring additional staff)
- Expand the SP division by selling jobs to meet or exceed the revenue goals set forth in the company VTO and recruiting staff to build a team of techs to support growth
- Oversee all new hire activities from recruiting to training, with the goal of backing out of hands-on work to build the division
Perform or oversee quality control related to:
- Work performed by SP teams by performing on-site inspections where necessary
- Customer complaints or concerns
- Follow Populist processes and procedures while leading, managing, and holding direct reports accountable
- Perform scheduling and invoicing and keep accurate notes on work performed
- Work across company lines with other managers for necessary logistics
- Oversee performance reviews and pay increases for all subordinate staff, working in conjunction with HR where appropriate
- Oversee Fleet of SP vehicles
- Have excellent listening skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to take charge without being abrasive
- Must be detail oriented
- Be able to follow through on commitments without exception
- Have a high level of intelligence (emotional, critical, analytical)
- Be proactive (forcing resolution, being the driver when necessary)
- Possess a high level of organizational planning skills
- Have ability to identify and hire ”A” players
- Possess ability to coach, mentor, and develop team members
- Remain calm under pressure
- Be a confident negotiator
- Be comfortable with conflict, identifying, calling out, and finding a resolution to issues
- Must have 5 years of previous experience in Customer Service
- Must have 5 years of industry experience – carpet cleaning, floor work, janitorial projects
- Must have 3 years of experience in managing employees
- Must have Valid Driver’s License with an insurable driving record
- Preferred 10 years of previous experience in Customer Service
- Preferred 10 years of industry experience
- Preferred 5 years of experience in managing employees
- Preferred Industry Certification(s)
$50,000 - $90,000
About Populist Cleaning Co
Populist Cleaning Co is a family-owned business, with a family feel. We’re on the next level of growth, with a 10-year plan, looking to add the right person to our management team – someone to help us grow in the same direction, bringing work and family culture together to create a supportive and personable business. Come join our dynamic team!
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, height, weight, gender expression, or other legally protected classification.