Gazelles International Coaches
The Special Events Coordinator is responsible for the production, management and coordination of all Gazelle International’s global events from conception through to completion. This position will work on the coordination of 60+ GI events and will closely interact with GI’s staff, and internal/external customers. The position will assist in organizing varying events from workshop-type events to global summits with hundreds of attendees.
- Assists with booking event space, arranges food and beverage, orders supplies and audiovisual equipment, makes travel arrangements, orders event signs, agenda preparation, promotional materials and ensures appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.)
- Conducts research, makes site visits, finds resources to assist staff make decisions about event possibilities and creates/revises room/space layouts for each event
- Collaborates with the Digital Marketing Coordinator on registration activities, preparation of name tags, materials, notebooks, packages, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Proactively handles issues and troubleshoots any emerging problems on the event day(s)
- Proposes new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Collaborates with Digital Marketing Coordinator on email campaigns promoting Special Events
- Tracks event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
College Degree in a related field ideal. BS in Business, Hospitality or Event Management a plus.
Proven 3 years of experience as an events planner or organizer.
Possesses impressive portfolio of previously managed events (seminars, meetings, corporate events) - both in-house and client-facing.
Exceptional customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
Proficiency with MS Office. Ability to independently manage multiple projects and work assignments .
Manages difficult situations, responds promptly to customer needs for services and assistance. Capable of managing dynamic changing scenarios or situations and engage in effective decision-making on-the-fly.
Demonstrated ability/initiative in utilizing the following competencies in a results driven, team oriented environment:
- Excellent, communication, collaboration and interpersonal/relationship management skills and business acumen.
- Proven personal effectiveness/credibility, leadership and consultation skills.
- Strong time management, decision making, problem solving and organization skills
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Primary office located in Vancouver, WA - office presence required. Work-from-home is an option for select days.
Must be able to travel 40-70% (domestic and international).
Must hold valid passport (Canadian, US or EU). Ability to travel (domestic and international) and stand for long periods.
$45,000-60,000 annual (based on experience)
About Gazelles International Coaches
Gazelles International is a global premier coaching organization currently composed of 200+ independent professional business coaches who focus primarily on the development of mid-market companies (revenue from $5M to $250M) using the Gazelles Four Decisions™ as the framework for client growth. Gazelles International coaches support more than 2,000 growing companies on six continents, which contribute to over $40 billion in combined revenues to the global economy. In short, we are a business strategy and coaching organization bound together by a passion for learning, excellence, respect for others, flexibility and integrity.
As a whole, team GI is responsible for developing coaching tools, executing events and training sessions, and creating opportunities to connect the global network of coaches. We perform these services with the intent of fulfilling our Brand Promise to offer the best education, best tools, and best community in the coaching world.