The Prewitt - Restaurant, and Lounge
In a dynamic, creative and coveted role, our Sous Chef will responsible for providing supportive leadership to kitchen staff throughout food service in accordance to guidelines set forth by our Executive Chef. This role will provide the opportunity to set the bar for cuisine in the region and work with some of the finest ingredients based on seasonality and availability. We will be creating a new standard and culture for food and hospitality.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Assist in maintaining inventory, estimate food consumption and purchase or requisition food and non-food items necessary for kitchen operation.
- Help create schedule for kitchen staff to ensure optimum resource management and speed of service
- Train new and existing kitchen staff on the preparation, arrangement and plating of dishes per the current menu
- Ensure all staff members adhere to culinary standards and regulations
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns personally
- Aid with design of new menu choices based on seasonal ingredients and customer demand
- Track, record and replenish inventory as needed.
- Cross-train kitchen staff on all station
- Assist executive chef with pricing menu items
- Ongoing education and research in the culinary field and apply knowledge to your repertoire
- Confer with Executive Chef to coordinate policies and procedures between kitchen and dining areas as well as banquet functions and banquet staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business professional publications, technical procedures, manuals or statutory regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and standard of performance manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, supplier, guests and employees.
- Preparing meals and food to meet the specifications of guests in a timely manner
- Properly measuring kitchen ingredients and food portions to maximize profitability
- Ensuring kitchen staff adhere to set standards, procedures, department rules and sanitation requirements
- Proficient with kitchen equipment such as knives, grills, ovens, steamers, and any other equipment used in food preparation and production to ensure quality and training standards are upheld
- Managing the kitchen inventory and ensuring supplies are fresh and of high quality
- Ensuring proper food temperatures when cooking and proper storage afterward to mitigate any FBI
- Keeping the workstation and kitchen equipment clean, organized and sanitized to maintain kitchen in pristine working order.
- Taking charge of kitchen opening, closing and other side duties as directed by the Executive Chef to uphold standards and procedures
- Assist Executive Chef in Leading the kitchen in absence of Chef, ensuring the same quality of standards procedures are upheld
- 5+ YEARS culinary management experience in a high volume, full-service restaurant
- Experience in preparing scratch menu items
- Experience in moderate to advanced culinary technique
- Knowledge of best practices for training kitchen staff and implementing kitchen procedures
- Advancing level of creativity and reliability
- Flexible schedule required
- Familiarity with menu costing procedures
- ServSafe Certification or Indiana DOH equivalent
- Working knowledge of purchasing, ordering, receiving and inventory procedures
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs including, but not limited to, Word-processing, spreadsheets, and email.
$50,000 - $55,000
About The Prewitt - Restaurant, and Lounge
We are in the business of creating amazing experiences for our guests. We will be one of the greatest places on earth to work with contagious energy, creative minds, and ambition to succeed and grow.