Cherry Valley Hotel
- Manage all activities in the kitchen, including food preparation and production, and management and training of kitchen staff
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective operation and profitability of food production
- Supervise and inspect all preparation and cooking equipment on a regular basis to ensure that they are kept clean, sanitary, and in perfect operating order
- Ensure that food products, presentation, and plating are of the highest quality, and are prepared to serve in a timely manner
- Assume the role of Executive Chef in his or her absence
- Assure adherence to all standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation in conjunction with the specifications
- Monitor holding and storage operations, stocking and food rotation, and guarantee food service sanitation standards are met
- Assure kitchen personnel is trained in best cleanliness and sanitation practices
- Handle simple cooking tasks such as brewing coffee or tea, preparing soups and reducing sauces, and assisting others in the kitchen when necessary
- Understand recipe instructions, measurements, meal charts, and labels written in English and use all measuring tools properly
- Abide by food safety guidelines and implement COVID-19 safety measures in all food prep areas and stations where food is prepared and kitchen equipment is used
- Wash, sort, prep, slice, and measure ingredients for recipes, using condiments, vegetables, and proteins, and mixing sauces for use in various meals
- Clean food stations and prep areas and sanitize equipment and kitchen utensils after closing to maintain proper hygiene
- We’d prefer it if you have an associate's degree (AA), or equivalent, but it’s not required for the job
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, as well as bend, pull heavy items, and stand on your feet for your entire shift
- Flexibility to work weekend hours and holidays if necessary, as well as some extended hours
- Basic familiarity with operating kitchen equipment
- Have some experience prepping food and the ability to work under the head chef/cook with minor supervision
$20 - $23
About Cherry Valley Hotel
Ohio's Premier Getaway Destination!
Nestled between small towns and scenic landscapes, Cherry Valley Hotel welcomes you and your entire group to our newly reimagined property.
While you’re here, enjoy the numerous accommodations we have to offer.