Gray Wolf Homes, LLC
Soil Scientist - Licensed (preferred)
The Soil Scientist applies knowledge of soil and site conditions to determine site suitability for onsite wastewater systems in accordance with State, County, and Local municipality regulations. They are responsible for writing and issuing septic system permits, including design and layout. The Soil Scientist will also conduct inspections, of septic system installations, to ensure proper construction and regulatory requirements are met. From time to time, they may need to perform site soil suitability analysis for development purposes.
Candidates must embody the following core values:
- Operate Excellently.
- Win Through Teamwork.
- Raise the Banner.
- Create a Positive Impact.
- Performs soil and site evaluations to determine the suitability for installation of onsite wastewater systems by conducting auger borings or observances in pits.
- Classifies soil characteristics.
- Create soil maps to determine project viability.
- Evaluates the amount of available space, degree of slope, other topographical influences, estimated daily flow of wastewater, and area to be disturbed.
- Decides site suitability for the septic system from the evaluation of these criteria.
- Issue necessary permits for local municipalities to obtain septic system approval (LSS, AOWE, EOP).
- Inspects installations of on-site wastewater systems to ensure compliance with design criteria, State, County, and local municipality regulations.
- Prepares signed and sealed drawings, specifications, plans, and reports for design, construction, and operations
- Integrate soil science knowledge into aspects of land management and ecosystems
- Provides advice on rural or urban land use.
- Participating in sampling events for groundwater and soil
- Plans and schedules work according to changing priorities; designs and maintains effective systems and processes for managing work
- Strong techniques to complete work on projects that have multiple people and organizations involved.
- Knowledge of laws, rules, and ordinances pertaining to public health and on-site waste disposal systems.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong listening skills to understand a customer perspective and provide services that meet expectations.
- Ability to effectively plans and schedule work; and maintain effective systems and processes to manage workload
- Proficient computer skills to use word processing, spreadsheet, and some database functionality.
- Strong Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral formats to explain technical specifications and negotiate with stakeholders.
- Produce reporting system to display and explain findings
- Have strong moral principles, values, integrity
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 30 semester hours in physical or biological science.
- Two years of experience in environmental health as a Registered Environmental Health Specialist (Intern)
- NC Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS)
- NC relevant authorizations as required for this position
- Valid Driver's License and "safe" driving record
- Licensed in Soil & mapping (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience working in soil field in the private or public sector.
- Some overall residential construction knowledge.
About Gray Wolf Homes, LLC
As one of the Raleigh area’s fastest-growing home builders, Gray Wolf Homes, LLC strives to be innovative and unique in the way that it operates and functions. Our team-oriented culture focused on accountability, and a strong desire to improve is what sets Gray Wolf Homes, LLC apart. This position is located at our headquarters in Garner, NC
Gray Wolf Homes is an equal opportunity employer