The full-time remote Service Manager for Software Development Firm position will be responsible for managing 15 employees that are a part of the marketing and sales, tech support, development, and integrations teams. We are looking for a manager that has experience coaching software support teams and service partners, and establishing best practices for client software implementations and partner onboarding (i.e., firms that sell and implement the PlanetTogether software). ERP software and manufacturing scheduling software experience is a plus. This is a remote position and the hours are Monday to Friday 9 AM to 6 PM EST.
Our firm has aggressive growth plans, and we are seeking a highly-driven and self-motivated person to join our amazing team! Our core values are important to us. If your personal core values are aligned with our firm’s core values listed below and you are qualified for the position, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Positive Thinkers: We listen carefully and enjoy solving tough problems in effective ways.
- Responsive: We respond quickly and positively to what our customers and partners need.
- Ownership: We take a proactive initiative to improve our process and our results.
- Productive: We have a sense of urgency, we avoid distractions, and we work effectively as a team.
- Obsessed with Great Software: We are excited and passionate about creating cutting edge APS software.
- Execute the CEO’s strategic directives
- Work cross-functionally to integrate teams and manage task interdependence
- Facilitate weekly departmental meetings
- Optimize people, processes, and systems
- Manage the software support team, service partners, and other divisions
- Ensure employees perform tasks on time and accurately
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Partner (i.e., sell and implement Planet together software) and client retention
- Project manage the partner onboarding process
- Score partner success levels and ensure they are supported throughout the onboarding process and ongoing
- Manage sales funnels for partners and customers
- Monthly strategic meetings with partners to keep updated on sales pipeline and client implementations, and identify critical issues, required training and support
- Attend conferences
- Manage partner user group
- Seek out strategic partnerships
- Planning and budgeting
Please apply if you have experience working in a software development firm.
- Highly driven and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Great attention to detail and clear communication skills
- Inspire confidence in staff and encourage them to excel
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong awareness of how an enterprise software solutions firm operations including development, integrations, tech support, and partner channels
- 10+ years of experience running an enterprise software solutions firm
- 10+ years of experience managing 10 or more employees
- Bachelor’s degree is required and a Master’s degree is a plus
- ERP and/or manufacturing planning/scheduling software experience is a plus
- Supply chain planning experience is a plus
$100,000 to $150,000 base
Headquartered in San Diego, California, PlanetTogether is the only advanced planning and scheduling (APS) software company based in the United States. PlanetTogether has mid-sized through Fortune 500 clients optimizing billions of dollars in production output annually, a global support network that is over 100 people strong, and a software platform encapsulating three generations of research and development with origins at Cornell University. Since its founding in 2004, PlanetTogether has had a laser focused mission: Make the planet more productive, one factory at a time.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is based on experience.
- Quarterly Profit Sharing
- 401K with 7.5% employer contribution
- Medical and Dental Health Insurance Contribution
- Company paid life insurance
- Gym membership
- Personal Learning budget
- We do not sponsor employment Visas.