Would you love to dive in and learn more about the fascinating Aquaculture Industry?
We’re looking for a team-oriented self-starter who takes ownership over solving complex problems, applies creative solutions and delivers elegant end-products in a full-stack environment. You should be excited about building innovative products that are helping feed the world and improve the sustainability of aquaculture, while working with some of the leading experts in aquaculture, nutrition and advanced analytics in aquaculture
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Building on top of our current web app ecosystem consisting of VueJS in the frontend, NodeJS in the backend, and PostgreSQL for our database
- Delivering well-designed, maintainable solutions with our development team in a Lean / Agile environment
- Collaborating with our developers and product manager with effective and clear communication
- Producing well-tested code/features. We value developers who consistently QA their own code before every pull request
- Developing within our full stack environment, you will be given the opportunity to choose between developing our frontend interfaces, Backend APIs, Database architectures, DevOps environments, or all the above
- Working closely with the product and Science team to understand business and product requirements
- Participating in sprint planning, backlog grooming, and other agile development activities to ensure quarterly goals are consistently met
- 2+ years of full-stack development ideally in SaaS, Enterprise or AgTech sectors
- Engineering, or other-related university degrees/qualifications
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban, and experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Digitalocean (or AWS). Ability to deploy and manage web applications in the cloud
- A portfolio of previous work or great references for recent projects
- Extensive knowledge in our full stack environment, Devops experience, QA experience, architecting experience
- Three or more of: Vue.js (or React), Vuetify, Node.js, Express, HTML5, Docker, PostgreSQL, Mocha (Cypress, Jest),
- Knowledge or experience with SQL
- Proficient with Git, and Cloud
- Experience in the food agriculture and tech agriculture industry is not required but is considered an asset
- Ability to collaborate with a team to solve creative challenges and present workable options
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a leader through your actions and you lead with the company's values
- You are reliable and dependable. You do what you say you’re going to do and let your team know as far in advance as possible if deadlines or deliverables are at risk
- You are humble and recognize that no one has all the answers. You actively seek out answers to questions you don’t have answers to and are naturally curious
- You actively promote a positive and healthy environment for developers
- You like being taught and coached new things and you also like teaching and coaching others on what you’ve learned
- You have excellent time management skills and are able to prioritize tasks effectively to meet project deadlines.
- You balance thoughtfulness and expediency. You don’t do anything without thinking it through, but you also know when it’s time to move from thinking to doing
- You are detail-oriented and take pride in delivering quality work
- You care about the planet, where and how food is produced and want to be part of making aquaculture better for big companies and smallholders alike
From complexity to simplicity. We see a world where every member of the aquaculture industry, no matter how big or small, flourishes.
Wittaya Aqua is a Toronto and Singapore-based, award-winning and venture-backed organization with a mission to help aquaculture operations be more profitable, sustainable, and environmentally friendly. Our core values are collaboration, data-driven decision-making, thoughtfulness, and empowerment.