Five Star Technology Solutions
The Five Star Software Developer provides high-quality software products to our clients through productive collaboration and conversation with other members of the Five Star Development team. In addition, they will independently meet self-directed and department set goals/timelines for software development projects.
Five Star Software Developers will work remotely (U.S. Residents Only) and report to the Director of Software Development.
- Learns quickly, and able to grasp complicated topics.
- Knows about and is comfortable with modern, progressive architectures, platforms, and languages.
- Significant development experience with PHP. Experience with Laravel is a strong plus.
- Production experience with MySQL. You've designed database schemas with an emphasis on scalability and performance.
- Working knowledge of Git. You've collaborated with other developers.
- Experience using Linux systems. You're comfortable using the command line.
- Knowledge of other languages a strong plus.
- Strong OO understanding and design principles.
- An understanding of web standards, web browser compatibility, and compliance.
- Excellent background with professional appearance and communication skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment and/or independently with minimal supervision, guidance, and taking ownership of a task.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Enjoys building and improving software and receives satisfaction knowing users are happy.
- Possesses a drive to constantly improve upon your own work.
- Commonly thinks "How do I make this work more efficient and better?"
- Prior experience working remotely full-time.
Specific Technical Stack Experience:
- PHP 7.0+, Python 3.6+
- Laravel, Slim, ZF2, Symfony
- Vue.js, Backbone.js
- SOLID principles
- Agile and SCRUM Methodology
- RESTful Web Services
- Software Lifecycle
- AWS/GCP experience
- Atlassian suite of products
$55,000 - $65,000 yearly
About Five Star Technology Solutions
At Five Star, we believe technology can transform education to meet the needs of today’s K-12 learners. Our K-12 focused team understands the pressures teachers and schools face and believe the “one size fits all” approach dominating the education market is failing teachers and students. That is why we developed a unique suite of educator-requested, educator-developed technology solutions to help students and schools succeed, including managed services and professional development.