Develop web applications and enterprise services using Java and/or JVM-based languages. Support, maintain, and enhance existing web applications and enterprise services. Integrate in-house developed software with both internal and external software services. Provide development support for other deployed applications. Participate in testing and quality assurance activities.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Design, develop and enhance software systems according to technical design documentation and business requirements.
· Modify existing software to correct errors, improve performance, enhance functionality, and test new designs and ideas.
· Work with teams in an agile environment to deliver projects in a timely manner.
· Consult with customers and stakeholders on technical issues such as software development, system maintenance and troubleshooting.
· Participate in the installation and testing of software systems and integrations.
· Monitor production software to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
· Receive training as necessary and create long-term personal development goals.
· Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and also writing in a clear and concise manner.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Reliability – Ability to be dependable and trustworthy.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
• Professionalism - Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Basic understanding of OO design and common OO patterns as well as RDBMS concepts and SQL.
· Familiar with object-oriented programming (OOP) principles
· Familiar with relational database concepts
· Familiar with test-driven development (TDD) and Business Driven Development (BDD) methodology
· Know the IDE used in primary area(s) of work
· Have completed basic training and understand appropriate revision control systems and code repositories
· Access and use documentation, requirements, etc. independently in the course of daily work
· Understand security protocols, practices, and what constitutes PII
· Insurance industry software experience (specifically Guidewire)
· Strong SQL skills and an understanding of ORM concepts
· Experience with MVC pattern and frameworks
· Test Driven Development experience and creating meaningful Unit tests.
· Development experience with the following technologies:
o Gosu, Groovy, Grails
o AngularJS, React
o PHP, Laravel
o Micro services (REST or other)
o Node JS or equivalent
o WebSphere MQ and/or JMS
o iOS/Android and or React Native
o DevOps (Jenkins, Docker, CICD Pipeline)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Business Informatics, or related field preferred.
Our employees are rewarded with a competitive salary, a benefit program that recognizes the diverse needs of our employees, and the security of a well-established company.
Some of our employee benefits include: