Compassionate – Empathetic – Easily and naturally builds rapport with Seniors
Are you a social worker through and through, but looking to do something new?
Are you looking to use your social worker prowess to help one of the greatest generations?
With approximately 10,000 boomers retiring daily, it’s important that we help them find and navigate the best care possible if/when needed, and help their families too.
Hi there- we are Jarvis Law and we provide elder law and estate planning services in Dublin, St. Clairsville and Lancaster, OH.
We are expanding our services based upon clients’ needs. Sure they come to us with elder care/estate planning legal issues, but we want to do more.
That’s where you come in. We are hiring a Social Worker to join our team!
We are building our elder care navigation services team and need and want to bring on board 2 social workers to help us put our clients at ease and help them through the often scary, uncertain and often overwhelming journey of identifying the appropriate care options: whether that be in their home, an assisted living facility or a nursing home. Knowing what the next best step is for them, and being able to walk them through their options and what each means etc. is part of this role.
Compensation: $50,000 - $65,000 depending upon experience and education
What will you be doing?
- Certainly working with families by phone, in person, and potentially on site at facilities to help put them at ease.
- Sit in on attorney/client meetings to help clients understand options, hear their concerns and be part of the solution.
- Research, recommend, and coordinate logistics of facility admissions, etc. based upon client needs.
- Be out and about in the community also building rapport/relationships with area continuing care, nursing and/or assisted living facilities and independent living center as well as working with in-home care providers and even Hospice based on what each clients’ needs are over time.
- Documentation is part of the job of a social worker at our firm, too!
What do you need to do this job?
- Of course- care, concern, empathy, and a love for the senior population
- A knack for easily building rapport with families- all ages, all dynamics, etc.
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Professional demeanor and written and verbal communication
- Proficiency with multiple PC applications: MS Office and ability to learn our case management system, Action Step
- High follow through and well organized with the ability to adapt to change and changing circumstances and shifting priorities
- Initiative and desire to help us grow our elder care navigation practice
- Results-focused with a high level of accountability
- Ability to follow guidelines and systems
- Patience! Yes, it is a virtue here too, especially with our client families who can be overwhelmed and likely haven’t been through this process before
- Good Humor. There’s nothing like a laugh to cut through the tension and worry. While we are not looking for comedians, we are looking for someone who is able to find and bring a little sunshine to the day
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or Master's degree with at least 2 years related experience in a nursing home setting required.
$50,000 - $65,000 DOE
About Jarvis Law
Jarvis Law Firm is a family-owned law firm that values work/life balance, flexibility, and providing excellent client service.
Jarvis Law has offices in Dublin, OH, Lancaster, OH, and St. Clairsville, OH.