Helpful Home Solution
Affordable Hope, a sober living facility in Bakersfield, is seeking a live-in manager to monitor the needs and behaviors of our clients. The Residential Manager will receive $1,600 including subsidized rent. Attributes necessary for this job include but are not limited to; strong leadership skills, professionalism, creativity, empathy and the ability to multi-task and make split second judgement calls. We are looking for someone who is strong and able to maintain the structure.
Previous experience is not required for this position. Please attach a resume and a cover letter explaining why you'd be a good fit for this. Must have car and valid license.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring curfew and performing bed checks
- Completing resident intakes - including checking belongings, completing necessary documentation
- Keeping an open line of communication with supervisors and others directly involved in the resident's care
- Ensuring residents are meeting/completing recovery commitments/requirements and treatment requirements if applicable to the resident
- Assigning and supervising completion of weekly chores
- Weekly trips to the grocery store and prepare quick and easy meals for the individuals in the house
- 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. cooking breakfast for clients, preparing lunch for clients
- 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. check up on clients, Preparing dinner, cleaning after dinner
- Working knowledge of 12-step program
- If in a program of recovery, at least 9-months continuous sobriety
- Complete abstinence from all alcohol and drugs
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass a local Level III background check
$1,600 monthly ($800 towards rent, food and utilities)
About Helpful Home Solution
Affordable Hope is a sober living facility whose goal is to provide structure, accountability and community-support to those recovering from substance abuse.