"OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR STRATEGY"
We are growing and in need of a Slurry Seal Superintendent for our VSS Emultech facility.
Come join a team with a great company culture that offers competitive wages and benefits!! We offer Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Insurance. We offer a 401k program. A Pension Program, Life Insurance, AD&D, and opportunities for growth and development. Our Slurry Seal Superintended will be responsible for the estimation of projects advertised by submitting bids in a timely manner. The Slurry Seal Superintended will manage those projects awarded to VSS International, Inc. efficiently and under budget.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Supervision and safety of personnel.
- Critiques the accuracy of documents and monitors completeness.
- Interacts with inspectors on a daily basis apprising them of project status.
- Directs crew and maintains foreman’s report and job diary for completeness and accuracy.
- Responsible for measuring streets and monitoring rates to assure project specifications are being met.
- Verifies and procures signed daily material usage sheet and orders material and determines the accuracy of daily progress of project.
- Interacts with truck drivers daily and dispatches trucks both for rock and oil after the first day of project construction begins.
- Monitors documents for inbound deliveries for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors crew’s production and public safety.
- Communicates hours and quantity of project status.
- Have thorough knowledge of all paperwork requirements and office procedures relative to the project.
- Assembling and dispatching crew for upcoming projects.
- Assures compliance with company drug and alcohol policy.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Oversees field operations and projects.
- Responsible for training, performance, inspecting, budgeting, coaching, and/or counseling, to complete projects under budget.
- Minimum three to five years in the road surfacing industry.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal to interact with internal and external drivers and customers.
- Proven leadership qualities.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects utilizing organizational skills and communications skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility regarding timely and accurate completion of work, and a strong commitment to corporate goals.
- Must be capable of functioning under fast pace stressful working conditions.
Education and/or Work Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three to five years experience in road surfacing industry and supervisory experience, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
$85,000 - $125,000 yearly
About Basic Resources
A solid and stable Company with over 77 years of service, we offer; Competitive Wages, 401k, Pension, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Paid Time Off, Free On-Line University, Recognition Programs, and Advancement Opportunities, all with a great Family Culture.