ESCOBAR CONSTRUCTION is seeking an experienced Site Safety Health Officer (SSHO) to prepare and enforce the safety program for construction site operations to support construction services contracts with the US Army Corps of Engineers at various site locations in the country of Israel.
- Provide coordination and liaison with Client Safety Personnel safety SOPs and safety statistics
- Maintain the Safety Plan and maintain files of all safety-related files, records, inspections and corrective action
- Coordinates with Facilities staff to implement effective safety policies and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment Identifies and corrects potential hazards, and ensures compliance with safety and environmental regulations
- Develops, monitors, and implements ongoing updates regarding safety regulations, guidelines, or reporting requirements
- Provides technical safety support and information to all employees to ensure employees are operating in a safe, orderly, and clean environment
- Develops, coordinates, and administers safety training content to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Maintains all annual training records for OSHA or Government-required courses
- Conducts accident and incident investigations, determining root causes and making recommendations for corrective action
- Leads safety meetings, presents data, records actions, and monitors progress on the actions
- Develops and enforces safety policies, manuals, and training documents to maintain a current, fully compliant, and highly effective safety program
- Plans, implements, and maintains programs to train managers and employees in worksite safety practices, including hazard communication, emergency procedures, fire protection, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment and other
- Develops and maintains emergency preparations and responses for injuries and building emergencies (e.g., accidents, building fires, etc.)
- Provide a Safety oversight team that includes a minimum of one Competent Person at each project site to function as the Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO)
- The SSHO or an equally-qualified Designated Representative/alternate shall be on-site at all times when work is being performed to implement and administer the Contractor’s Safety Program and government-accepted Accident Prevention Plan
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in preparing and enforcing the Contractor’s safety program on medium to large construction contracts
- Completed 5 years of satisfactory experience in preparing and enforcing safety programs on contracts of similar size and complexity in the past, or 3 years’ experience if possesses a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or safety and health degree
- Completed 30-hour OSHA construction safety class or equivalent and maintain competency through 24 hours of formal safety and health-related coursework every 4 years
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in building construction, occupational safety or relevant discipline
- Must have a working understanding of OSHA Standards in General Industry and Construction; as well as Environmental requirements such as local Environmental Agencies, etc. Have knowledge of Operations, Maintenance, Construction, and Repair methodology, materials, systems, and equipment
- Background and knowledge of the practices, procedures and processes of contracts administration; knowledge of relevant laws, FAR, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing contracts of Engineers "Construction Quality Management for Accident Prevention Planning"
- Emergency Readiness Training
- Risk Management and Assessment
- Current driver’s license and a good driving record are required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional appearance and interaction
- The engagement is a multi-year assignment in which ESCOBAR CONSTRUCTION will be building projects up to $15M in value for the US Army Corps of Engineers in support of the Israeli Ministry of Defense
- US CItizenship is a plus, but not required
- Must be able to clear US Federal background checks, and live in Israel for the duration of the project(s)
- The project(s) has an initial three-year commitment followed by two one-year options to extend
- Must speak and write Hebrew fluently.
$110,000 - $160,000 yearly
About ESCOBAR CONSTRUCTION
Escobar Construction is a US Based Construction Contractor serving and adding value to public sector and government projects. We also work on Real Estate Consulting and transactional services for public sector clients.
Our mission: To continually create value for our clients, business partners, employees, and agents through straightforward communication and the consistent delivery of excellent experiences and results.