Are you an experienced real estate processor or settlement agent looking for an opportunity to take your research, analysis, and teamwork skills to the next level? We are growing rapidly and are looking for someone to join our team and assist us in closing transactions as a settlement officer. If you have a background in title processing or real estate transactions, an eye for detail and discrepancies, and a customer service mindset, apply today!
- Coordinate with loan officer, mortgage loan processor, and underwriter to ensure all closing instructions are followed as per the closing package, and all underwriting commitments have been satisfied
- Collaborate with title examiner and underwriter to prepare title insurance policy and binders and title commitments, and with loan closer to prepare HUD-1 real estate settlement statements
- Research and verify the accuracy of documentation such as property title records, property ownership, public records, deeds, leases, surveys, contracts, and agreements needed to produce a clear title
- Communicate with pre-processor to be sure all items are complete, paralegal or settlement processor to ensure all settlement figures are correct, and with post-closing agent to ensure the transaction is recorded and any outstanding issues are resolved
- Outstanding communications, customer service, research, and analysis skills are preferred
- A notary public certification is not imperative, but is a bonus
- 1-3 years of experience with real estate transactions, title processing, title company pre-processor, or as a mortgage loan processor is desired
- Some college is helpful; high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Proficient computer skills with numerous programs including MS Office, Qualia, Adobe DC is preferred
$55,000 - $60,000 yearly
About Journey Settlements
Journey Settlements is RVA's newest title and settlement agency, located in the Fan. Founded by real estate agents, Journey's company culture focuses on modern technology, an emphasis on client service, and forward-thinking in order to provide a higher quality settlement experience.