We are seeking an experienced and quality-driven automotive technician to fill an open position in our car dealership’s service department. Our ideal candidate will be confident running diagnostics equipment to identify and complete automotive repairs to electrical and software systems. Join our team and continue to build upon your mechanical and technical skills. If you’re committed to delivering excellent customer service, and this position sounds like a good fit, apply today!
- Clearly articulate automotive repair issues and repairs needed to remedy them to both customers and auto mechanics
- Follow all manufacturer specifications for vehicle system repairs to ensure optimum customer satisfaction and facilitate returning business
- Apply a checklist-based approach to ensure a comprehensive examination of all vehicle systems, including the engine, air conditioning, transmission, and brake systems
- Help establish service protocols for tracking the status of repairs, maintaining relevant technical manuals, using charts, and more for all of our dealerships
- Perform routine maintenance, as needed, like checking fluid levels, rotating tires, and oil changes
- Must have completed a post-secondary training program in automotive service technology; associate degree a plus
- GED or high school diploma is mandatory
- Strong customer service and communications skills are needed
- ASE certification or comparable standard service technician credential, such as SAE, is attractive
$12 - $14 hourly
About Street Toyota
"Where Quality is a Tradition"
Street Toyota in Amarillo, Texas was established in 1982. A new 58,000 square foot facility on 9 acres is now open at 45th and Soncy. This is a state-of-the-art facility and the customer's comfort has been emphasized from the ample parking right down to the gourmet coffee. Street Toyota is the first dealer in west Texas to become Signature Certified.
Street Toyota has been a valuable corporate citizen in the Panhandle area. They provide support to area nonprofit organizations such as United Way, Better Business Bureau, Amarillo Adult Literacy, Harrington Cancer Center, Meals on Wheels, Make-a-Wish Foundation, Amarillo Symphony, Amarillo Museum of Art, Amarillo Little Theater, Lone Star Ballet, Discovery Center, Globe News Center for the Performing Arts, CACHA (Hispanic Chamber of Commerce) and many other organizations.