We are looking for the right candidate who will help us achieve our goal of company growth. As a member of our team, you will get to interact with customers to figure out what they need, put your mechanical skills to use and repair many different types of equipment. This is an exceptional position for someone with a positive attitude, excellent technical skills, and the desire to succeed.
The ideal applicant is knowledgeable in machinery, hydraulic, electrical, and other systems, and their components.
- Self-driven with quality in mind, efficient.
- Perform repairs, maintenance on trucks and equipment, such as checking batteries and changing oil to ensure proper condition and preventive maintenance for all units and status reporting - quality reporting documents on all units.
- Inspect various parts of the units, including all moving parts systems, wheel bearings, and steering mechanisms to ensure they are in the proper condition to operate effectively.
- Use different tools and equipment, such as pressure gauges, pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, hoists, and jacks, to repair trucks while constantly utilizing safety precautions.
- Diagnose malfunctions in defective equipment by inspecting and testing using devices such as motor analyzers, handheld computers, and chassis charts to determine how to address problems.
- Test unit to ensure they are running properly and to find issues to determine what the solution will be; replace parts, valves, bearings, and gears as needed and repair vehicle cooling and heating systems.
- Ensure parts conform to factory specifications by inspecting and verifying clearances and dimensions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment and parts regularly
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be comfortable with working in awkward positions or cramped spaces
- Technical certification or degree
- Experience working with diagnostic computers
- Previous experience as a mechanic
- Trustworthy, dependable, well-grounded
$20 - $22 per hour
About PondMedics Inc.
PondMedics, Inc. is a boutique, design-build civil engineering firm that specializes in surface water engineering and management. We are a family-owned business that has been operating in the south-central U.S. since 2002.
The scope of specialties includes the physical, biological and chemical components of surface water. The firm is growing year over year with a diversity of projects that include design, permitting, construction, renovation, and management of surface waters. We service engineering firms, environmental consultants, government agencies, private landowners, real estate developers, and more. We are currently hiring several positions to keep pace with our growing firm.