Our banquet team is looking for a courteous and attentive server who can provide our guests a great experience at special events. Our banquet servers are responsible for serving food and beverages to guests, clearing plates and silverware, and ensuring any special guest needs are met. This position requires a team-first approach since you'll be working closely with other servers, banquet captains, and kitchen staff to ensure the event runs smoothly. Our ideal applicant has experience in the food service or hospitality industry, preferably as a server. Apply today if this sounds like an exciting opportunity!
- Assist with serving drinks by, carrying coffee pots, water pitchers throughout the room, refilling guests' cups and glasses as needed
- Remove plates, replacing utensils, and keeping an eye out for spills or any special needs from guests
- Follow all food and safety guidelines as well as ensure that the entire team is adhering to the same food handling standards
- Ensure that you meet the needs and provide outstanding service for our guests for the entirety of any event
- Walk around the room serving guests appetizers, meals, side dishes, drinks, and other items as requested
- Must have a team-first attitude and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to interact with guests and coworkers
- We prefer some experience working in the food service industry
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent GED certification
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills
- This role requires a strong emphasis on putting the guest first and providing exceptional customer service
About Marriott Schaumburg
Marriott Schaumburg is located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and boasts easy access to the highway for quick drives to downtown Chicago or O'Hare International Airport. Discover the shops at Woodfield Mall or LegoLand, both one mile from our hotel. After a productive day at Schaumburg Convention Center, unwind at TopGolf Chicago or continue your work at our hotel.