Topeka Plaza Hotel at City Center
Our busy events team is seeking a banquet server ready to go above and beyond to provide excellent customer service to our special event guests. We need someone courteous and attentive to welcome guests, serve meals and drinks, clear plates and utensils, and meet any special orders or needs that our guests may have. You will be working closely with other servers, banquet captains, and kitchen staff so we need a server with a team-first attitude. Our ideal candidate has worked in a customer service role in food service or the hospitality industry. If this describes you, apply now!
- Serve appetizers, main course meals, desserts, and other items, such as drinks, to banquet guests
- Review relevant food handling safety regulations to ensure that you and your team are following them
- Refill the guests' glasses as necessary or requested with coffee, water, or other drinks
- Take away plates from the table, replace utensils, and keep an eye out for spills or other special requests from guests
- Offer an outstanding guest experience from the beginning to the end of each banquet event
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent GED certification
- Proven customer service experience with a strong guest-focused mentality
- We prefer some experience working in the food service industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for interacting with guests and other team members
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
About Topeka Plaza Hotel at City Center
Come work at a great place, with a wonderful team! We have a lot of positions and you can find a great career in our hotel with the opportunity to advance.