Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
The Server Assistant is the right hand of a server, providing a welcoming experience for guests by ensuring our restaurants and bars are kept clean throughout the day and set up properly. The busser works in a team environment to clear and reset tables quickly to maximize guest count and may also assist with delivering food & beverage to tables so service can be as prompt as possible. The busser will do various duties, e.g. filling bread baskets and water glasses, showing guests to their tables, and performing light housekeeping duties, as they recognize that a happy guest is a win for all.
As the Server Assistant you will:
- Be a Service Star - provide exceptional service to guests by promptly welcoming and courteously assisting with serving/clearing in a can-do fashion, engaging in polite conversation with guests when time allows. The busser anticipates server and guest needs so they can assist in the delivery of highly attentive service. Keep your assigned area fully stocked, e.g. utensils, napkins, etc. so guest needs can be quickly addressed
- Be a Clean Guru - maintain assigned areas so they provide a safe and clean environment at all times including restaurants, bars, service areas, and the equipment servicing these areas. Report any non-functioning equipment for repair to management ASAP
- Be a Safety & Security Agent -- follow your hotel's established safety and security policies & procedures as well as all OSHA guidelines, reporting issues to maintenance
- Be able to convey and comprehend information and ideas in English
- Alcohol service training is preferred as is customer service training
- Be able to use equipment such as vacuums, coffee, and juice machines, etc
- Physical requirements include the ability to work long hours, mostly on your feet.
- Medium work -- exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Ability to multi-task
- The right candidate will possess the ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body and arms and will be able to work under variable temperatures and noise levels as well as the ability to see details so that proper cleaning is done
- The ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time without sitting or leaning is required as is the ability to work under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, both indoors and outdoors (if your hotel has an outdoor serving area) as well as around chemicals or fumes
$14.2 hourly + tips
About Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Stunning views, well-appointed rooms, and a host of bespoke experiences are waiting for you at Woodcliff Hotel & Spa, a Rochester landmark with a history as rich as its future. Here, guests can indulge in an all-inclusive getaway, featuring our award-winning Horizons Modern Kitchen + Wine Bar, the Spa at Woodcliff, The Links at Woodcliff USGA-rated 9-hole golf course, and over 70 acres of hiking trails in our backyard. Recently named the top event venue in Rochester, Woodcliff offers over 14,000 square feet of event space, including our detached Event Center, for extraordinary weddings and unforgettable corporate events.
Of course, Woodcliff is a beautiful property, but without our associates, that's all it would be. It's our associates that have made us an industry-leading hotel, year after year, over three decades. If you share our passion for hospitality that shatters standards, we'd love to hear from you.