Market 8 is looking for a U.S.-based SEO expert (full-time contract role) to join our growing Growth Optimization agency!
In a Nutshell
Are you a strategic-minded SEO expert? Can you manage multiple accounts in parallel? Are you obsessed with delivering the best results possible? The SEO specialist will help develop and implement organic growth strategies that attract the highest quality traffic at the lowest possible cost (think ROI) for our clients.
This may include, but is not limited to, developing content marketing plans, performing on-site technical audits, generating reports, and writing web copy that is optimized based on on-page SEO best practices. Of course, it's all about prioritization and the needs of a particular client.
Here's what we're looking for:
Can you strategize?
- The candidate will help shape and lead SEO planning, strategy, and execution for our clients, including keyword and topic research, content marketing, link building campaigns, technical audits, intent/SERP analysis, keyword mapping, and user experience optimization. The candidate should be capable of planning and presenting an SEO campaign at a high-level, including budget/resource recommendations, key strategic initiatives, and 6-12 month roadmaps. The candidate should also be comfortable diving into the weeds to optimize webpages for on-page SEO, audit backlink building opportunities, develop content briefs, and analyze and report on data in Google Analytics, to list a few examples.
Can you test?
- Optimizing will require you to test your assumptions instead of going with your gut all the time. You’ll define testing plans across campaigns and suggest testing options to continually optimize the performance of our SEO initiatives.
Are you analytical?
- You will need to absolutely love diving into the numbers, developing keyword maps, keyword topical clustering, analyzing reports in Google Search Console, and performing routine SERP analyses to gauge keyword difficulty and intent.
- You'll also need a deep understanding of how to assess the performance of an SEO campaign by measuring SERP visibility changes, including keyword/topic visibility, organic traffic changes, and organic leads/conversion rates.
Can you write and speak excellent English?
- You'll often need to be pretty hands-on optimizing pages and adjuting copy so choosing the right words is important...because everybody knows if something just sounds off, and that's not a good look for any brand.
- You'll be suggesting content to develop and even making tweaks to the content yourself. It's important you have a strong vocabulary to expedite the keyword research process.
Do you have strong leadership skills?
- You'll need to coordinate work performed by both internal and external resources to the agency. Often times you will need to determine what needs to be done and outsource high man-power tasks such as copywriters, inbound link building teams, technical SEO implementation teams, and other specialized tasks.
- You’ll also work in parallel with other team members running other including project managers, designers, developers, and more to ensure Market 8 delivers exceptional, cross-functional results to our clients, so excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
Are you accountable?
- You will need to own your metrics, attribution, and reporting of KPI’s on traffic and conversions.
- You will monitor progress and take corrective action as needed while maintaining productive working relationships.
- You will need to be proactive by constantly making suggestions on how to pivot SEO strategies as needed.
Do you love sharing your knowledge?
- You’ll promote your thought leadership through blog articles, forums/online groups, online webinars, presentations, as well as seek to speak at conferences and special events.
Do you like to stay informed?
- You will keep ahead of digital marketing trends by constantly seeking training, certifications, webinars, networking events, and other opportunities to sharpen your SEO mastery and to stay current.
- Develop and implement content marketing strategies for our clients, including keyword and topic research, keyword qualification, keyword to page mapping, content brief preparation, content calendar management, reporting on content, and more
- Develop and implement link-building strategies for our clients, including planning and creating link-bait content, working with link-building vendors, auditing websites for backlink-building opportunities, tracking built links, and more
- Perform technical website audits to assess mobile-friendliness, page speed, overall user experience, on-page elements, backlink profiles, site architecture, crawler accessability, and more
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting by analyzing data found within Ahrefs, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other tools, then provide SEO recommendations based on this data
- Coordinate with different internal/external teams on copywriting, content creation, graphic design, link building, technical SEO, etc. to ensure projects are managed smoothly
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS), preferably in Business Administration, Marketing, or Web Development
- Search Engine Optimization Tools (Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Surfer SEO, Page Optimizer Pro, etc.)
- Highly skilled with Google products including Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Experience with various content management systems, including WordPress and HubSpot
- Ethical, transparent, accommodating, work-life balance, accountable, relationships, passionate, team player, and goal and data-driven
- Strong ability to work all by yourself, from anywhere you want as long as you have an internet connection, and can have open communication with your team from 9-5 EST and meet your deliverable deadlines.
- We work in virtual teams - although our home base is Miami, FL, and Lebanon, we have team members all around the world. Yet we work closely together every day. We are connected on Zoom, all day long, can hop into a video meeting, and discuss things anytime.
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time SEO experience is required. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement. This is not a role for beginners and we do not consider it an entry-level role.
Preferred but not necessary
- Knowledge of HubSpot CMS.
- Experience with SaaS marketing.
Of course, you'll need this
- Connection to the internet with zero network interruptions.
- 100% fluent in spoken and written English.
- Equipment & infrastructure to work 9-5 EST.
What's in it for you
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Amazing work environment.
- Annual equipment allowance.
- Monthly expenses allowance.
- Unlimited paid vacation.
- Flexible working hours.
- Unlimited training opportunities.
- Exposure to the world's best SEO strategies.
- An amazing culture.
$45,000 - $65,000
About Market 8
Market 8 is a growth marketing agency 100% focused on helping SaaS firms establish their brand and sell software. We offer consulting, strategy, and execution of programs to help solve 3 critical problems of scaling a SaaS company:
- Get the message right - Increase your product’s perceived value with the right message, to the right people, at the right time
- Improve close rates - Sell more software by matching your marketing and sales to how your customers buy
- Optimize CAC: LTV - Acquire customers that stick with you for the long term, with cost-effective channels
Dozens of B2B SAAS firms, from high-growth SAAS firms to enterprise category leaders, have generated millions in additional ARR with the help of Market 8. Our clients range from startups in the traction stage to mature enterprises. To summarize: we care. Period. It's quality over quantity when it comes to work we take on. Oh, we have an amazing culture too :)