Joe Knows Energy
Provide technical expertise in the non-destructive examination (NDE) of natural gas transmission and distribution assets to minimize the risk of component failure and ensure client can meet and exceed all mandated safety, reliability and regulatory compliance requirements. This includes radiographic testing, penetrant testing, visual inspection, ultrasound testing and magnetic particle testing. The role holder is responsible for providing technical leadership and contractor oversight for non-destructive examinations across the natural gas business. This includes large-scale gas transmission main installations, LNG upgrades and natural gas facility equipment upgrades.
The level of responsibility and the degree of knowledge required to enforce and manage an NDE program requires an individual with strong technical aptitude. Their highly skilled expertise in NDE activities will improve regulatory compliance, reduce risk associated with weld joint integrity, and provide clear accountability for nondestructive examinations.
At the higher levels this role will translate functional policy by designing procedures that drive greater efficiencies and performance.
- Perform contractor/vendor audits and surveillances to ensure integrity of work.
- Ensure NDE testing by employees and contractors complies with safety standards, policies and processes in order to ensure a safe working environment and minimize risk for all.
- Interpret codes, standards, specifications and procedures.
- Establish, approve and select appropriate method and technique for NDE inspections.
- Evaluate test results in terms of compliance to codes, standards and specifications.
- Provide training, examination and certification of NDE personnel.
- Perform/conduct NDE for methods that they are certified.
- Audit contractors and outside agencies to ensure satisfaction of code and contractual requirements.
- Coordinate and manage a NDE workforce on small and large projects.
- Provide guidance to a culturally diverse workforce through coaching, counseling and team building to ensure tasks are carried out in an efficient manner.
- Build good working relationships with internal and external customers and manage the day to day relationship with them in order to understand their requirements and deliver appropriate solutions, in line with National Grid policies and processes.
- Promote and implement procedural best practices in order to ensure all working practices are compliant with Client policies and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain compliance with relevant regulations by providing up to date information on client policies, processes and programs to regulatory bodies.
- Monitor and challenge business processes where appropriate in order to ensure Client is compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Serve on related industry and professional organizations that promote technical advances and public understanding of effective and responsible non-destructive examination programs.
Additional Responsibilities for Band D:
- Band D employees are expected to deliver on the key accountabilities list above as well as those listed below.
- Manage operational process activities in order to achieve high productivity, low costs and efficient work practices and to ensure compliance with National Grid policies and procedures.
- Direct the efforts and resources of the team in order to ensure safety, reliability, security and integrity consistent with company goals, objectives and policies in full compliance with existing and future government codes and regulations.
- Promote the philosophy of team development across all activities in order to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance.
- Develop and manage ongoing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in order to identify and deliver solutions that benefit both parties.
- Keep regulators up to date and informed on client compliance programs in order to ensure they are managed appropriately and in line with regulatory requirements.
- Translate functional policy into processes and procedures that drive greater efficiencies for client and ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
Band E employees are expected to have the knowledge and experience listed below:
- Must possess at least a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI).
- American Society of Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) Level 2 certification in three NDE methods (Preferred methods: Radiography Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) and Penetrant Testing (PT)).
- Desirable experience level of 5 years NDE in Power Generation or Gas Utility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Must have a valid drivers license with safe driving history.
Knowledge and Experience Required for Band D:
- Band D employees are expected to have the knowledge and experience listed below.
- Must possess an Associates Degree.
- American Society of Nondestructive (ASNT) Level 3 Certification in Radiography Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT) and Magnetic Particle Testing (MT).
- Desirable experience level of 10 years NDE in Power Generation or Gas Utility.
- Must have experience managing a team with the ability to build effective, respectful, working relationships.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with safe driving history.
About Joe Knows Energy
Joe Knows Energy LLC is a staffing and recruiting company that delivers added value to our clients by providing them experienced Inspectors who possess communication and leadership skills that support the goals of the project team.
We supply inspectors, primarily for the oil and gas pipeline industry, who are committed to excellent performance standards and thrive in a safety-focused team environment.
Our goal is to provide more certainty in regard to the performance of the inspection team. We do this through a proprietary platform that provides information in regards to technical skills, past performance and assessment of potential.
In addition to completing this information, we encourage you to check us out at www.joeknowsenergy.com.